I wanted to shoot a flower but...

fiziwig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...all I could find was a weed, so I propped up a sheet of black foam core behind it, and held up another sheet with one hand to shade the direct sun, and gave it a go. I bounced in some backlight from the left to give the stems shape. That was just another piece of foam core.

I haven't really shot flowers before, but I have to admit this one was fun to do. I kind of wish I had a deep royal blue foam core sheet though. I think that might have worked better.

I can also see where a couple tent stakes for holding up foam core sheet would be nice to have, and something to break up the harsh light of the direct sun, like maybe a yard or two of thin white nylon fabric and some rope and clothes pins for rigging a makeshift tent around the subject.

Maybe tomorrow I'll go to the park where they have more than just dandelions to shoot. :)

7693622546_aba472beaa_b.jpg

Wow, those look very interesting. I love how you made something ordinary look so cool! Hope to see those park pics!

Thank you. I shot this one a few minutes later. It's chives growing in a pot on the patio.
$2012_08_01_chives.jpg

Most reactions

Back