Joe&Caroline

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted it yesterday got no reply maybe it sucks lol

12-25-08christmasday032.jpg

* The contrast is a little low for B&W.
* The busy background is distracting. I would have gone with a more shallow DOF (such as using an f/1.8 on a 50mm lens) to blur the bokeh more.
* The flash is a little harsh making the image flat. The lens and aperture mentioned above may have erased the need for the flash.

I would have pulled back on this one to show mommy holding baby's arms out (right now his arms and part of his torso are cut off making the tie and waist and backround a distraction). Also the tie should have been turned alittle. It took me alittle while to figure out what that was because I thought it was coming off the hair. Also baby's expression seems melancholy. At least if you were in the shot holding his arms out and smiling it would balance it out. Try different poses while playing.

Did you use your on-camera flash? It kind of looks like you might have with the shadow. I would recommend cropping some off the top to draw more attention to the little guy. And maybe adjust the levels some, bringing in more whites, because the grays are a little flat, in my opinion. I noticed you have it that your photos are okay too edit, so I did a little something to show you what I mean.

Andrea

12-25-08christmasday032.jpg

wow thats awsome thanks alot guys for the input

at this point I have no editing software my computer is a dino..... so looking foward to an upgrade real soon

Most reactions

Back