I went out and told the parents after work

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First I would like to thank everyone for their support! I was really hoping the baby owl would make it. I worked 23 hours in the past 2 days and fought off the stomach bug. Maybe I'm a little tired and irrational. I made it out to my owl spot with about 45 minutes of daylight left. As I was walking along the trail there was an eerie sense of quietness. I found the parents and I could tell they were both looking around trying to find the baby. In tears I told them he wasn't going to be coming home. I'm a wreck..

Here is a list of wildlife rehabbers, I'm not sure how complete it is, but maybe it will help someone, someday.. List of Wildlife Rehabilitators

This is mom, they are bigger than the males, and she has more white on her chest. I have been photographing them since I first discovered they lived there in the fall of 2012..
I'm so sorry Mrs Owl by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

This is dad...
I'm so sorry Mr Owl by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

This was the first picture I took of junior on monday. I didn't originally process it because it was a little noisy and the light was flat, it seemed like he was getting ready to test his wings out and then we had the windstorm the next day..

RIP Baby Owl by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Maybe it was some kind of sign, but as I was walking around dejectedly I found one of the babies downy feathers :(

I thought it was saved. Why the RIP?

I'm sorry too.

Last edited:
Oh, thanks.

Nature is amazing, but it can be amazingly cruel too.

Chris, just proves you are human and reflects your strong love for nature and all its critters.:heart: Thanks for sharing your story.

WesternGuy

You have done what you can Kris and its well appreciated. Sad I know, never easy, but nature moves on. Just be sure you know, that you did what you had to do and it could have well ended up the other way around. A huge thanks Kris for just being there.

Just keep at it Kris, its important to all of us.

Danny.

**wipes tears**
I'm glad you went Kris and thank you for sharing with us :hugs:

You're a good person. Hugs :hugs:

The pair might nest again, the season is still young.

You did all you can do but it wasn't meant to be. Nature has a way of balance it's self most of the time but sometime a little human intervention is needed but don't always work. Thanks for caring.

Most reactions

Back