I went to the zoo this past weekend also.

Sure.. but just know that with the D40 all you're paying for is the white "Nikon" text on front. You're getting way way WAY less camera for the same money. As long as you know it then of course the decision is yours.

I've done the same thing in the past... purchased stuff just for the name I mean. ;)

I have seen amazing pictures taken with the D40. I will be just fine, beings as Im a beginner and dont need all that complicated stuff anyway.

Mark

I'm not going to argue with the comparisons made above, between the D40 and higher spec cameras, but I have to say it is a great entry level camera. It's the smallest, lightest camera Nikon make and for the price it is a pretty good one. Although it's an entry level, I personally havn't found myself needing higher end features enough to warrent spending the larger price tag that comes with them.

As for print quality, a 10x8 print at 96dpi needs only a 960x768 pixel image for lossless quality. That gives you plenty of room for cropping and down scaling with any entry or professional level camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back