I will love you till the end of time....

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been MIA for a bit! Started up teaching for the year, then our well went out and I had to go visit my parents until we had water again, and my photo forum apps will not work no matter what I do. My computer is down (Either the power supply or the mother board) And my old laptop hates me. On the bright side, Im starting to walk again! I've been missing my pictures though, so I thought I would give it a go today.

Since we didn't have a wedding, I thought I would try and get a nice shot of my our rings. Easy right?! Um WOW! Is jewelry DIFFICULT. Im battling glare vs "sparkle" the "romantic" mood I want vs getting just enough light, and trying to accomplish this SSOC, since my editing computer is down.
15312459415_8a90ed944d_z.jpg

I've tried a few different setups, but this is the "winner" so far. Ambient light from window camera left, 1600 iso 1/160 with a bounced flash to try and get some reflection in the watch numbers. Im still missing the mark, but I can't put my finger on it. I want more "pop" from the ring, more "sparkle" but not glare.

I've tried a makeshift light tent sort of setup, and while the color was more pleasing, I ended up with not enough light in the diamond. How could I "funnel light into JUST the diamond and avoid creating glare in the watch??

Here is another take, trying to "catch" the light.....
15290361866_79b9917e03_z.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back