I wish my computer would explode!

EDL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A number of years ago I started to mess with macro on my old Olympus C3030 P&S and then added a Raynox 2x and 4x to the front of it and that was cool. Things sort of cooled off after a while with work and lack of time. Recently I got interested again and have been pestering everyone here with my questions. I thought I'd found macro nirvana at the No Cropping Zone site and that became my goal.

For the last week I've been doing nothing but reading, reading and more reading and trying to soak up all the info I can on macro photography and looking at cameras and lenses and everything in between. Focus stacking! Oh my! New worlds to explore!

So I just did some reading on HDR...and..oh man...crazy ideas dancing in my head...HDR, focus stacked macro....AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Make it stop!!!!!!!!!!

I wish my computer would explode....or maybe I can win the lotto because I've spent quite a few thousand dollars in my head the last day or so....

/ranting and raving off

........... Focus stacking! Oh my! New worlds to explore!

So I just did some reading on HDR...and..oh man...crazy ideas dancing in my head...HDR, focus stacked macro....AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Make it stop!!!!!!!!!!

I wish my computer would explode....or maybe I can win the lotto because I've spent quite a few thousand dollars in my head the last day or so....

/ranting and raving off

Just think about doing a focus-stacked panoramic HDR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to give up my "kick the computer" habit some years back.

45 years ago, I started kicking mainframes (a jammed card-reader), and it worked! Made me happier, and got it "fixed"! A few years later, I kicked a dual-processor mainframe that wouldn't power up and it powered up just fine after a good swift kick...or two. Unfortunately, the printer caught on fire a week or two later (payback?). All I could do was turn it off and route the printout to the 2nd printer (of 4) And that was at the world HQ of a mainframe computer manufacturer!

So, I graduated to kicking my own PCs...even threw one...about 15 years ago. THAT got expensive!

So now, it's just a 'whack upside the head' on the old office CRTs, or a swift side-kick to my computer tower on the floor. Not so expensive, but not as effective on the computer or me!

Just think about doing a focus-stacked panoramic HDR.

Wait wait try focus-stacked panoramic HDR composite (ie multiple different focus-stacked panoramic HDR's combined in bits into a single final photo!)

Oh and you've not even tried considering calculating manual flash powers with distances, guide numbers and effective apertures and yet more distances

Or multiple light sources

Or insects that MOVE!

Or tilt shift lenses and macro

So now, it's just a 'whack upside the head' on the old office CRTs, or a swift side-kick to my computer tower on the floor. Not so expensive, but not as effective on the computer or me!
And now that we got these darned LCDs, we have to punch it in the face.

Most reactions

Back