I won my first photography contest! :^)

Thanks so much, everyone! :)

Just to be a dork I stuck the blue ribbon on the pictures and put them up over the mantle.

I told my wife she needs to respect me because now I'm an award-winning photographer.

:lol:

Somehow, I don't think she's buying into that. :)

Big up man!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting your work out there is important. Keep it up!!!!!

Months ago we argued about that dumb ol' aerial shot. Since that time (in my eyes) you have really come into your own photography wise.

Much Love & Bass

Awesome, congrats friend!

Thanks, everyone!

Big up man!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting your work out there is important. Keep it up!!!!!

Months ago we argued about that dumb ol' aerial shot. Since that time (in my eyes) you have really come into your own photography wise.

haha, thanks Craig. I appreciate the kind words.

Ironically, it was that "dumb ol' aerial shot" that was the one that won the color photography class. :)

Well done.

The second picture in the OP is one of the most striking I remember seeing on this site (from when you originally posted it).

I don't doubt it was a worthy winner and could certainly hold its own against much tougher competition.

Is there a clear version of the first image here anywhere?

Well done.

The second picture in the OP is one of the most striking I remember seeing on this site (from when you originally posted it).

I don't doubt it was a worthy winner and could certainly hold its own against much tougher competition.

Is there a clear version of the first image here anywhere?

Thanks, Mog! Kind words and I appreciate them. I'm hoping to enter them/something into some bigger contests next... now I just need to find some. :lol:

Here are digital versions of the two images...

Helicopter%20Trip%20Boston%20Area%20-%2020080612%20-%20058.jpg

Salem%20Courthouse%20and%20Library%20-%20009%20bw.jpg

Way cool! I hope no one got award winning jelly all over your frames ...

Congrats Chris! That is awesome!

Nice pics, and congrats on the win.

Thanks, guys!

Actually I was majorly tempted to steal some of the winning preserves. :lol:

Most reactions

Back