I would like more experience, may I join you

iflynething

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys and girl. I'm Michael and am from Charlotte, NC. I love long walks on the beach....oh wait....nevermind.

I shoot with a Nikon D80, 18-135 lens, have a SB-800 flash and 50 1.8 lens. I'm looking to apprentice with some local photographers just to get some experience. You dont' have to necessarilly (sp?) have to pay me but I'm not looking for that.

Weddings, events, anything you have I would pretty much be interested in. I have done a couple wedding but would like to do a large wedding where I am not the main shooter so I might can get that hang of things more.

If you are in the Charlotte, NC or upper SC area, send me a PM or just respond here.

Thanks

~Michael~

Hi Michael.

There are a few of us on the board from NC, but most of us closer to Raleigh. If you're ever in the area, you're more than welcome to tag along to one of my shoots. These days I'm shooting mostly editorial fashion, portraiture, and a little commercial. That said, there are plenty of professionals in Charlotte who might let you shadow them. Bryan Miller does fantastic work, and shoots for Wilhelmina, though I couldn't even convince him to let me tag along so you might be out of luck with him personally. Still, he's a really nice guy and might be willing to point you in the direction of some other professionals in the area who would. Alternatively, you could ask around Biggs Camera or CameraWorld. Someone there might be willing to give you the names of some good local pros. In my experience, wedding photographers are less likely to take you on unless you have prior wedding experience or a killer portfolio. Commercial shooters, in my opinion, have more interesting and dynamic gigs, and are much more likely to pay you for your time. Hope that helps.

Cool Alpha. Thanks.

I have many pictures but have never actually put a portfolio together. I never really had the need to until now.

I do know some others around here but have never asked them if I could come with them.

I will keep searching but thanks for the names you gave me

~Michael~

Most reactions

Back