Ice's Desolation

deeky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you see my thread in the Just For Fun area, you know it has been pretty rough around here. Despite the ice giving me 10 staples in the head, I wanted at least some sort of shot to play with. So, jumpy as all get out with the trees cracking, I managed this shot. The ice has seemed to absolutely dominate life in the last day and has given a sense of helplessness and even desolation and being cut off. That's what I was trying to capture here.

As always, comments welcome.

IMG_2192a by breckmiller, on Flickr

Nice shot, and really interesting ice formation! I don't think I've seen anything like that before..
I'm no pro, so I won't C&C :)

I like the ice-encrusted leaves, but I wish it were vertical or at least that the empty space was on the left, the direction the plant is leaning toward.

I like the ice-encrusted leaves, but I wish it were vertical or at least that the empty space was on the left, the direction the plant is leaning toward.

I thought of that when I was processing it after dark last night. But by the time it was light again this morning, it was all buried under snow. Things are melting a little today, so not sure if I've even got a shot at it again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back