ICM blurring the lines or just blurryblurry

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ICM is frustrating and I'm not sure it's for me. These two were closest to what I was trying to capture. Feedback would be appreciated.

_50.jpg

_56.jpg

Halftime bump

I loooove this! Both are beautiful, number one especially!!

Really lovely!

What kind of settings / technique did you use?

I like these a lot as well! So what alchemy did you use?

Thanks!

Same set up for both, just different camera movement. These were handheld f25, 2.5 seconds. There were 3 flowers (yellow purple and pink) on a teal cloth. In the first I held the focus for about 1.5 sec then started moving the camera slowly horizontally to try to keep the subject recognizable. In the second one I held then moved then held again. My daughter is using my laptop so had to edit on my tablet using snapseed, mostly just brightened them they were a bit dark.

And to ask a stupid question: What's ICM?

Thanks!

Same set up for both, just different camera movement. These were handheld f25, 2.5 seconds. There were 3 flowers (yellow purple and pink) on a teal cloth. In the first I held the focus for about 1.5 sec then started moving the camera slowly horizontally to try to keep the subject recognizable. In the second one I held then moved then held again. My daughter is using my laptop so had to edit on my tablet using snapseed, mostly just brightened them they were a bit dark.
Thanks! I will have to try and keep your technique in mind, I've come back to this thread quite a few times just to look! Spectacular colors and movement, really!

Thanks Jazzie.

ICM is intentional camera movement.

Ooh that's pretty, love the colors. It does look like ICM. If you Google ICM flowers there are some gorgeous examples out there. I've always liked the impressionists and the ICM stuff reminds me of that.

Can't recall if I said this in another thread or not but one of my new years resolutions is to try all of the different projects I've been putting pins in for the past few years. Last week I did smoke photos, this week macro and ICM... I have something in mind for the next one but need to do some research first.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back