ICM "Painting look alike"

Strange, I'd think you would be able to see them with enlarging that much. I'm seeing tons of spots everywhere, and that's not enlarging to pixel peep. Could something in the JPEG compression be causing them to show up more I wonder???? I just looked at these again blowing the image up, not so sure now that they're dust spots. They could well be oil spots. Didn't see what equipment you have but Nikon has reputation for slinging excess oil from the shutter mechanism. It might be time to send it to a repair shop for cleaning.

Agree with the others I'm not a fan of this one as much as the other one. I've done several ICM combined with zoom, and never been able to predict the outcome ahead of time. Guess that's why I like it, sometimes you get the peanut and sometimes the hull.

I use a Sony alpha-100 and I'm pretty sure the others are right, it's dust on the sensor,

I agree... OIL SPOTS seem more likely than dust bunnies..at f/22, most dust would look more like a pepper fleck than a 3.5mm-wide, diffused circle...

I hope you're wrong because if thats the case, I'm screwed. That repair would be far more costly than the sensor cleaning.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back