Id love some feedback on my Flickr

Further reading from the Wikipedia link:
  • Arnheim, Rudolf (1974). Art and Visual Perception. A Psychology of the Creative Eye. ISBN 978-0-520-02613-1.
  • Downer, Marion (1965). Discovering Design. Lothrop, Lee & Shepard Co.
  • Graham, Peter (2004). An Introduction to Painting Still Life. Chartwell Books Inc. ISBN 0-7858-1750-6.
  • Grill, Tom; Scanlon, Mark (1990). Photographic Composition. Watson-Guptill Publications. ISBN 0-8174-5427-6.
  • Peterson, Bryan (1988). Learning to See Creatively. Watson-Guptill Publications. ISBN 0-8174-4177-8.
  • Langford, Michael (1982). The Master Guide to Photography. New York: Dorling Kindersley Limited.

You've got 131 photos in your flickr stream. Surely you're not expecting people to go through all of them. Can you pick the best 3 in your own opinion and post them directly (no links)? A brief description of each explainig what you were going for when you clicked the shutter would be great.

its boring.

[h=2]Id love some feedback on my Flickr[/h]

No...you'd love to see some stats on your flickr. If you wanted feedback you'd have looked at how the forum works and posted images for us to CC as everyone else does instead of a link to your photostream so your little stat bar spikes up for the 1 day that you're on the front page of the forum.

[h=2]Id love some feedback on my Flickr[/h]

No...you'd love to see some stats on your flickr. If you wanted feedback you'd have looked at how the forum works and posted images for us to CC as everyone else does instead of a link to your photostream so your little stat bar spikes up for the 1 day that you're on the front page of the forum.

I dont know why you had to be so nasty about it, you could have just told me to do it differently next time especially since this was literally my first post. What's the point of having views if nobody like what theyre looking at. The entire point of me posting here was to see how people liked my pictures and what i could do differently, if i really wanted more views i wouldnt have asked for opinions, just for people to go to the link.

You've got 131 photos in your flickr stream. Surely you're not expecting people to go through all of them. Can you pick the best 3 in your own opinion and post them directly (no links)? A brief description of each explainig what you were going for when you clicked the shutter would be great.

not at all, i just wanted to see how/if people liked them and what i could do to make them better.

not at all, i just wanted to see how/if people liked them and what i could do to make them better.

The point that people are trying to make is that if you want people to give you meaningful feedback you need to pick your best three and ask for C&C on them. Otherwise you will get no meaningful feedback at all. Real feedback takes time and it's considered rude to expect people to give you feedback on over 100 images. Of course people can have a cursory look at all your images and say they are "nice". What can you possibly learn from that?

Does it in any way help you if people say that they like them or that they don't?
It's impossible to make a general statement on how to make them better with so many photos but after a quick glance I would say: drop the cute post- effects and focus on improving your photography skills instead. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear. It's just my humble opinion.

Personally, I wouldn't pick your best three because those are the ones that you are most attached to and you probably wouldn't want them picked apart. I'd pick three that are okay but you think could be better, but just aren't sure why.

Some of his stuff is pretty good.
I looked at a few pages. He's not bad at all.

Hello LouisRabin, I am LightSpeed.
Pleased to make your acquaintance.
Welcome to the forum.

Btw, there are two or three in your flickr that caught my eye. The others are technically fine, but.... hmmmm... lacking interest.

Most reactions

Back