Idea for a photo showing convergence? - Georgia

dmargrave

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi All!

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum to seek help for this, but here goes:

I've been tasked with shooting a photo for my little brother's college graduation gift. My step-dad is writing a poem for him (as has become a tradition) and the ideas involved are "Wrinkles in the mind" - "Rain water running together to form a river" - "Learning things, connecting to a big idea".

Just in general, "convergence" would be the theme. My brother is graduating with a physics degree and will be attending graduate school for nuclear engineering. Therefore I think a industrial, engineering or architectural type subject matter would be fitting.

Any ideas on what I could shoot for this? I'm thinking about it, but would definitely appreciate some ideas from the more creative.

Thanks!

-Daniel

Thanks for the tips! I made a short list yesterday and rode through downtown Atlanta looking for some subject matter. Tough assignment, really. I ended up getting a few trainyard/track shots but I'm going to hit nature up this evening and see if I can find something.

IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_5306.jpg

Wow your first shot as I'm looking at it felt like I was going to fall forward. Cool shots.

Do you have the color versions?

Wow your first shot as I'm looking at it felt like I was going to fall forward. Cool shots.

Do you have the color versions?

Thanks! :)

Yep, have the originals. I'll need to get them when I get home, touch up, and post. I think they look best in black and white though.

^^ Thanks. About to post up the color versions for anyone's curiousity. I didn't go out and shoot more last night. Bought a new toy and was mesmerized by it :)

Is there a way to make the shot look vintage? Black n white better but make it look like it was taken with a camera from 70s in film...

When not black n white I feel like they need more noise. Holga look or something.

Most reactions

Back