Ideas on What I did wrong?

firemedic0135

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this yesterday with the sun bright in the sky and behind me and slightly to the right of my back(kinda over my right shoulder).Originally I thought these were good but as usuall when I view them on my monitor they were extremely bright and petal edge detail was gone.Kinda looks like it is all one big yellow petal.Now the camera detail.
AWB
Vivid selection in camera.
cant remember if the uv filter was on or not but I doubt it,no cpl on at the time.
exif as follows
Camera make: SONY
Camera model: DSLR-A100
Date/Time: 2007:02:11 15:25:54
Resolution: 800 x 536
Flash used: No
Focal length: 70.0mm (35mm equivalent: 105mm)
Exposure time: 0.0050 s (1/200)
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO equiv.: 200
Whitebalance: Auto
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

Could the metering mode be the problem.Mabye spot or center weighted be better here.
Would the cpl have been helpfull.
Is it all just speculation now?
Thanks for any info and I apologize if I am asking a stupid question,but I figured someone here would have some suggestions.:thumbup:

DSC01467.jpg

overexposed i would say, so you lost detail in the yellow. spot metering on the yellow might have done it.

your metering got confused by the very dark parts ... at least my guess..

overexposed i would say, so you lost detail in the yellow. spot metering on the yellow might have done it.

your metering got confused by the very dark parts ... at least my guess..

I totally agree. Spot metering on the yellow would be the key.

I read in Popular photography magazine that when taking pictures of flowers, you should wait till there is an overcast of clouds, or bring a small stand with an umbrella to shade the subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back