Identify this lens mount?

Cor4eyh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys first time posting and I've been doing my research to find out this lens mount type. I'd like to use it on my canon t3i.

Help me to identify the mount type!

It's a Viviar 29mm to 49mm wide angle

Oh shoot I tried a link sorry here you go

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    352.7 KB · Views: 124
Here's a picture of the top

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    721.9 KB · Views: 122
Definately NOT a Nikon. There's no lens-mount stop groove (would be about the 5:00 position), and I don't know what the second mechanism is that is at the 6:00 position.

I don't think it's Pentax K either. Being a Vivitar, it could be a lot of mounts. Olympus, Minolta, etc.

Definately NOT a Nikon. There's no lens-mount stop groove (would be about the 5:00 position), and I don't know what the second mechanism is that is at the 6:00 position.

I don't think it's Pentax K either. Being a Vivitar, it could be a lot of mounts. Olympus, Minolta, etc.
Good catch; missed that entirely.

Hmm well I wonder what it is, is it any good?

It's a 28 mm that takes 49 mm filters, not a zoom lens. The MC on the front probably identifies it as a Minolta MC mount from the 1970's though it could possibly denote 'multi-coated'. I wouldn't expect too much in the way of performance compared to modern lenses.

Hey guys can anyone confirm this for sure? I bought a Minolta adapter but it doesn't seem to work :(

Is it mc or md? Or what do you think?

Olympus OM mount. Without any doubt. The "MC" is part of the lens nomenclature, and is Multi Coated. Check Rick Oleson's lens mount guide if you want confirmation, but the three-screw system, with the two "ears" or "tabs" in that relationship to the lugs is Olympus OM.

Yes OM you can see the two buttons.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back