If you can..

canonnite

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
could you give me a list of all the nikon lenses that have a manual aperture ring? do like most new lenses by nikon have one?

its just that i saw on my brothers girl friends nikon lens there was this littttttle thing at the bottom on the body mount that if u moved it the aperture would go from big to small or vise versa. it was an 18-70 i think

nikon 18-70 has an aperture ring?
is this the one you're refering to ? (googled it from here http://www.dcfever.com/media/lens/images/5/nikon_18_70_3_5.jpg)

nikon_18_70_3_5.jpg

it wasnt an aperture ring it was something on the bottom mount of the lens, it was small. and if u moved it back and forth it changed the aperture. idk im prolly wrong

not me but at 00:54 just found this. skip to 54 seconds

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry.... got nothing. The only way I could imagine changing aperture is with an aperture ring or in-camera

it wasnt an aperture ring it was something on the bottom mount of the lens, it was small. and if u moved it back and forth it changed the aperture. idk im prolly wrong

Thats how the camera changes the aperature on the lens through the camera and not with an aperature ring. Look on the lens mount on the camera. Theres a little tab that matches the tab on the lens that you're talking about that moves back and forth when you change the F/stop in the camera. Hope you understood that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back