If you stare...

I'm new here, what is a watermark?
OMG you TOTALLY NEEEEED one!! If not kiss your stuff goodbye, people are going to steal it all, I suggest dead center and BIG, you can usually see enough around it to get a hint of the deliciousness of the image but not enough to make theft easy.

What makes it worse is I want something super simple and clean so they all look similar and it probably really doesn't matter which one I choose in the style... but... what if there is something I'm missing, that one unique simple font that will convert to a vector nicely and be easily readable small and scream "me"? ....

This might be one of those tasks that are best done by a true graphic designer. One with some years' worth of experience in the field. Bad logotypes and awful fonts reallllly can dim the impression. For example, one pretty successful photogrpher started out by naming his business ___ ________ Studios. Yes, studios--as in studios, plural. He came up with the idea several decades ago, when he was a single proprietor, and he says it really helped with commercial clients when he was getting started. I dunno...not sure what your business name or brand will be.

Hey Derrel, my calling what I'm putting together a "logo" is probably a stretch, no pictures, no frilly stuff, etc... pretty much just my name (which is also my web address) in a nice clean font for now.

There's a font called Orator that very clean and pretty popular among photographers. Probably find a free version for download online.

Thanks Jess, it just so happens that yesterday I downloaded a bunch that I liked, I just checked and lo and behold Orator is one of them! Proof positive that photographers tend to like it? :lol:

Derrel has the right idea. Hire a graphic designer, but be critical, and run it past some third-party people to get feedback.

Derrel has the right idea. Hire a graphic designer, but be critical, and run it past some third-party people to get feedback.

While it would probably save me a lot of aggravation to hire someone and I'm still debating on checking out a couple of freelancing sites I used to use I'm going to give this a go myself first.

I worked in graphic design for a couple years (self taught) and got a fair amount of work on the freelancer sites myself. If I can't get what I want after a close scrutiny from you guys doing it myself I will definitely consider hiring someone.

Last edited:
lol I didn't check any of those out....
I'm definitely dusting off some old vector skillz here! I returned to using Fireworks, trying to figure it out in PS was just too frustrating, I tried to teach myself PS back then also but just couldn't get a handle on it for some silly reason so I got pretty proficient at Fireworks instead.

Well, my decision to go back to Fireworks worked, 1 mock up complete and two to go, then I let you guys loose to pick them apart ;)

Most reactions

Back