Ignorance is bliss

I dunno where its been - and my husband wouldn't approve :p

He has a nice arse.

OH! Jam and Jello/Jelly!

AND Shopping Trolly is Cart!

More for more?

Bain is Child in Scotland

Funny how much this shows Spanish is your first language, indeed, to be typing the usual "haha" with "jota" :D I like to see this. Any time we had Paraguayan exchange students stay with us, in their e-mail home every time they expressed their "laughing" in this Spanish spelling. Fun to be finding it again.

And I think accents are funny. I once even planned to write my thesis about different English accents; in the end it turned out to be a thesis on a translation problem between German and Spanish, though.

Apart from that one guy in Texas who mistook me for a Scottish person, in Singapore Airport I asked someone where there were any public telephones in the transit area. There were none, but he took me to a higher class lounge and let me search the Singapore phone books there (could not find my friend, a pity), and asked on the way where I was from. When I replied "Germany" he said "Oh, you do not sound that at all. Germans normally sound very different." Ah well...

you know, I've never noticed this, funny I wrote 'haha' in spanish (jaja), WOW! Everytime I laugh i do it in spanish

JAJAJAJAJA, oops!! hahahahha, it's kinda weird with an "h" since in spanish "h" doesn't have a pronunciation... well whateva'

about the translations, it happens a lot in latin america and could lead to serious embarrasments... like something that means boy or insect in Dominican Republic, here in Puerto Rico means 'penis',and in Spain they say "correr" which actually means run but in Spain it means to have a quickie...

about the fried cheese, everybody should taste it, is amazing!

Anti - In Glasgow you would be a bonnie wee hen!

Is it true in Canada they have a silent pee in Bath - bathing - swimming and shower like the Americans? It is to make up for uzing too many zeds and leaving out U on colour and neighbour.

Heehee, don't want to know about any silent p's going on in the bath/shower/pool, thank you very much! Must be the Americans. :p

Is it Canadians or American's who supposedly use too many 'z's? You confused me, becuz it's Canadians who say 'zed', but we do have the 'u' in colour/neighbour etc. :confused:

Move to Canada. We don't have accents :greenpbl: (Except in Newfoundland)

Sure we do, and in both English and French. In French we even have multiple accents and for that matter multiple French languages: Canadian French, Québec French, Joual, Acadien French and mixes of Canadian French with Native Peoples Languages.

skieur

i always thought I had no accent in German. ... but then I realised people could tell which city in Germany I was born in.

This keyboard sucks.

Its got an accent!

*raises eyebrow*

Most reactions

Back