1368854520_96f5477977_b.jpg

1368813164_ae4545b88a_b.jpg

1367910521_b86db86d93_b.jpg

1367906657_4db1e6ab71_b.jpg

1368802174_ce2d3cc6c6_b.jpg

1368798996_2f537c0579_b.jpg

Thanks for looking

Nice!

I was at a place in Costa Rica...I don't know if it was a refuge for Iguanas...or if they just liked to hang out there...but there were tons of them.

CR-026-web.jpg

CR-024-web.jpg

CR-025-web.jpg

CR-029-web.jpg

(sorry for hi-jacking your thread)

Since this one was hijacked already... here are mine ;)

(Tulum, Mexico)

mexico06_417.jpg

mexico06_419.jpg

mexico06_418.jpg

Wow! Your second shot is great, Alex... seems like it's moving! The 3rd one is also impresive.

I cannot see yours right now Mike, due to some filters. I'll take a look later. Thanks for the responses...

anyway, something in your
first one bothers me about the grass, did you sharpen a lot? or maybe it was just the light which gave it this grey-ish. fine structured unnatural look?

Also, sometimes white balance is not ideal.

still the images give us a feeling of how the place is like and also some nice facial expressions of the iguanas :)

Anyway, never was to Cozumel, so thanks for sharing!

Gaaaaah! Although I like iguanas, I think I prefer them from a distance. If I'm not mistaken, BigMikes' pics depict them on a balcony???!!
ahhhhh.gif

Nice pics, Ghastly. (And Mike and Alex)

BigMikes' pics depict them on a balcony???!!
It was actually a store, they had a cafe and sold lots of touristy wood carvings and products. There was a balcony on one side of the place, and it overlooked the gorge with all the iguanas....however, they were all over the place...including walking down the isles of the shop! And they were BIG.

anyway, something in your
first one bothers me about the grass, did you sharpen a lot? or maybe it was just the light which gave it this grey-ish. fine structured unnatural look?

I adjusted the levels and made some sharpening, but I don't think I over di it (still learning, though)... The grass was actually greyish in this part of the island (San Gervasio Archaeological site)

Also, sometimes white balance is not ideal.
Ok, I'll work on that... could you give me a specific example?

still the images give us a feeling of how the place is like and also some nice facial expressions of the iguanas :)

Anyway, never was to Cozumel, so thanks for sharing!

Thanks, I still have some stuff to finish processing and dewonkifying and post later.

they were all over the place...including walking down the isles of the shop! And they were BIG.
Yikes!! In Mexico they'd sunbathe near the place I was staying, but they didn't come that close to people. Thankfully. I loved seeing them though, and you couldn't miss 'em cuz they are indeed big.

I'm trying to figure out what's up in #2....is the iguana in front of an aquarium or something? And how close to it were you in #4?

The background in No.2 is the Chankanaab lagoon in the National park of the same name. The same lagoon you can see in No. 3, 4 and 5, just a different angle.

In No. 4 I must have been about a meter away from it;)

Most reactions

Back