Ilford Users?

montresor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Which Ilford films do you like best? Preference for Deltas over the HP5s, FP4s, PanFs, etc.? Any experience with SFX (US availability now in question, I hear)?

I may do a couple of comparison tests myself, since I have a couple of twin sets with cameras -- two Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super BCs, and two Canon AF35MLs with the 1.9 lens. Will report on whatever highy unscientific results I get.

I've used HP5, FP4, and SFX. Absolutely no problems with any of them, all great films.

SFX is supposedly in limited production these days; I've not read about US availability problems though. Hopefully we will still be able to snag it through Freestyle or B&H - hard to imagine these retailers not getting a share of the lot when its made available by Ilford.

The guy at the local pro store here said that's what he'd heard about SFX. I bet it's just a regional problem -- I was looking for PanF in 120, and he called his distributor, who said they could order it for me in a block of ten rolls, but there was no guarantee that they could even obtain it. I think you're right about the B&H/Freestyle route for some of the more interesting Ilfords. I took the opportunity to snag their four remaining rolls of 35mm PanF.

Meantime, while composing this, I popped over to Ilford's page and found this:

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/products/product.asp?n=12&t=Consumer+&+Professional+Films

So maybe the (semi-infrared) tide is turning!

Oh, goodie - coming next month. :cheer:

There is definitely a US distributor, so it could be they ship out to the retail level. I bet this stuff gets snapped up fast - I know I want some!

Seeing it disappear will be Ilford's ongoing incentive to release it like this next year. So buy, buy buy! :lol:

I use hp5 and fp4 also bulk load Delta 400 all great film

I like the ilford films, and shoot quite a bit of it. I haven't purchased anything from Kodak in quite a while as a matter of fact.

I do some night shooting from time to time, and wish that I could get 3200 speed film in 120, but have only found it in 35mm

Ilford Delta 3200 is definitely available in 120. Should be able to get it in the US too - B&H appear to have some in stock now. I don't know about the faster Kodak or Fuji films though.

yup, you're right...I see it in my Freestyle catalog....
humph...I've never seen it around here, though...

I use FP4 and HP5 quite regularly (I've just today ordered some more HP5) - After a time you just get used to a certain film (or films) and I tend to stick with what I know.
I have tried XP-2 and got some pretty good scans, but it's not 'real' B&W is it? :)

Most reactions

Back