I'm a beginner with Canon M6

sternkoef_m

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone. I am using canon M6. Do u think it is a good camera and good for beginner?
I also wanna buy fujifilm later. what do u think?

Welcome to the forum.

M6 is a new modern camera with performance close to cameras in Canon line that cost quite a bit more. With your desire to move to Fuji you apparently like mirrorless systems.

Get to know your M6 first before making plans to jump ship. It's ok to want what you believe is better equipment. But it can get expensive to chase specifications.

Hi everyone. I am using canon M6. Do u think it is a good camera and good for beginner?

I think Canon has done a pretty good job with the M series mirrorless cameras. I think it will be a good one for you. It will make professional level images as long as you use professional level technique.

I think Canon has done a pretty good job with the M series mirrorless cameras. I think it will be a good one for you. It will make professional level images as long as you use professional level technique. I'm a Fuji user myself and I truly love the product line but I don't kid myself into thinking it will perform better for me than other cameras. For me the main appeal of Fuji is the broad array of high quality prime lenses. Most other APS-C camera users are pretty much stuck with zooms with a narrow line of prime lenses. Show us some of your images.

M6 is a pretty good camera with a very poor lens line up so you will need to get the adaptor and use DSLR lenses if you want a good lens selection.
Buying also Fuji cameras make no sense to me, these are two totally different camera systems, investing in 2 different lenses and accessories is very expensive, you are either rich or not aware of how much good glass cost.

My advise, choose one system and invest in it.

M6 is a pretty good camera with a very poor lens line up so you will need to get the adaptor and use DSLR lenses if you want a good lens selection.
Buying also Fuji cameras make no sense to me, these are two totally different camera systems, investing in 2 different lenses and accessories is very expensive, you are either rich or not aware of how much good glass cost.

Which lens would you prefer with Canon M6?

Welcome to the forum.

M6 is a new modern camera with performance close to cameras in Canon line that cost quite a bit more. With your desire to move to Fuji you apparently like mirrorless systems.

Get to know your M6 first before making plans to jump ship. It's ok to want what you believe is better equipment. But it can get expensive to chase specifications.
Yes. I usually used to capture the daily life and views so I think mirrorless lens camera is more suitable for me.
I like the photo quality from M6 and I like the color shown from Fuji that is really awesome! I will jump forward gradually. A lot room to be improved.

I think Canon has done a pretty good job with the M series mirrorless cameras. I think it will be a good one for you. It will make professional level images as long as you use professional level technique.
Yes. need to use it more to be higher level

I am not by any means a Canon expert, I use Nikon and Sony but assuming this lens will work on your M6 with the adaptor then I would start with Sigma 17-50mm 2.8 but again if you are going to consider this lens be sure it will work on this camera with the adaptor.

What do you currently have for lenses? You have an APS-C sensor so it has a 1.6x crop factor. So to get the same view similar to a 50mm on a full frame / film camera. You need about a 30mm lens. 50mm being considered "normal" view.

true, the 22mm f/2 "pancake" style lens is sharp and inexpensive
also get a $19 ebay adapter to use Canon's DSLR lens
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Most reactions

New Topics

Back