TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
heck.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im just trying some stuff out. I kinda like this one. What say you? :lol:

Sepcleardoorlogo.jpg

You need to do a neater trimming job. The edge of the cut is jaggy and distracting.

The point of that technique is to have the door transparent.

Not for it to look like someone cut a chunk out of the door with a hack saw.

feathering is a nice touch...

here is an example I have done on my own car... note, it's not of the highest level of quality (etc, etc, etc)... but...

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i215/Thine09/Neon/NEON_POWERPLANT.jpg

Right. You have the Idea...

The Technique:

Using a tripod...Take a picture with the door/hood open. Then take a separate picture with the door/hood closed. In photoshop, open both pictures on one work space, with the open hood/door on top.

Using a soft edged eraser, erase the top layer. Excluding the motor, seat...etc.

Thats how i do them.

This is a picture i did of my buddy jason on an Automotive forum TampaRacing.com

Jason3.jpg

And one with a seat form the same shoot.

TransDoor.jpg

END/ thread jack.

I could not find a easy way to " feather " the edge. I was using paint.net for lack of having photoshop. :( I have to work on my mad skills! lol

jermz, Thats the kinda shot im trying to get lol. Nice work there.

Thats pretty good. I'm gonna give that a try one day.

Finally got a decent day to take some shots of my car to try out this technique

2181028281_8ce14b0cc3_b.jpg

I think a little more feathering would be nice CWA... but a good start!

however, your car cost more than mine... heck, probably more than both of mine combined... hahaha

Nice Mercedes! But besides that I think you should make it more of an organized tear. On the left side of the hood... well right if you are in the car, the tear is very curved and neat looking. But on the right side of the hood it wraps around and looks very strange where the hood ornament is. You should have stopped left of the hood ornament and made it more of a elliptical shape. Otherwise its very nice, I just think the right side of the hood is kind of sloppy. I am meaning right side of the picture on how your looking at it.

Edit: For the first one it looks nice but like everyone else is saying it is a little choppy. I really want to try out this technique on my friends Lightning.

I think a little more feathering would be nice CWA... but a good start!

however, your car cost more than mine... heck, probably more than both of mine combined... hahaha

Im just used a layer for the engine. dragged the opacity down and then used a soft eraser to get rid of what I didn't want....

I'm not sure how your pulling off this same technique

Most reactions

Back