I'm a total camera virgin.

Silverback1967

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi my name is John and as I've stated above I am a total virgin when it comes to camera shots. I have a Nikon dslr D5600 camera with an 18mm x 55mm VR lens on the camera.

As a complete newbie I want to take close up detailed work with my camera but I think I might need a different lens. Can you please tell me the exact lens I may need it one is needed.

Can someone please tell me and explain to me what this lens is designed for and what types of photography shots.

Many thanks.

John. Aka Silverback.

Sent from my SM-N975F using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Hi my name is John and as I've stated above I am a total virgin when it comes to camera shots. I have a Nikon dslr D5600 camera with an 18mm x 55mm VR lens on the camera.

As a complete newbie I want to take close up detailed work with my camera but I think I might need a different lens. Can you please tell me the exact lens I may need it one is needed.

Can someone please tell me and explain to me what this lens is designed for and what types of photography shots.

Many thanks.

John. Aka Silverback.

Sent from my SM-N975F using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

You need a macro lens: Top 6 Best Macro Lenses for Nikon (DX & FX) in 2020

Hello and welcome to TPF. I too have the D5600 and have gotten quite a few good pictures with it. Don't be shy about posting whatever you are taking.

Welcome!

The 18-55mm zoom lens is what might be called an all around general purpose lens which is designed to get the new photographers up to speed making just about any type of photograph that comes up.

With the exception being that the minimum close-focusing distance will probably not be close enough for "macro" photography.

You may find that even with a macro lens, you will still need a tripod, a geared head, and auxiliary lighting. A geared head is one that moves your mounted camera a very tiny distance for very precise focusing. For lighting, use incandescent, LED, or flash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back