I'm an idiot.... Flickr Help

wyogirl

Oh crop!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Apparently I'm an idiot as I can not seem to post a photo with a Flickr URL.... Is there some big secret? I looked at our FAQs and I searched the forum. I keep getting an error message that says "invalid file"

Please help me as I am feeling really dumb right now.:grumpy:

I tried that. I did it two ways, I pasted it to the "upload from url" box and I also pasted it right into the message. I didn't see an image and kept getting the error message.

Copy of the url of the picture in flickr and then you can paste it between the two img things below. Not sure what the technical names of those img things are.. :lol: Do you know how to copy the picture url in flickr?

For example.. here's the image url for Buzz.. http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2843/11604605455_68d587c852_z.jpg This is what I would put between

Do the images need to have the .jpg extension?

because when flickr is viewed in browser by default it doesn't show the filename

Paste the link you're trying to post. It should be something like www.flicker.com/blahblahblah/yadayadayada.jpg

Amanda, are you using the new beta version of flickr? I was having issues with finding the bbc code when I was using it a few weeks ago, so I went back to the old version.

What you posted is a URL. That takes you to the web page.

You need the link that's directed to the image itself.

Link.jpg~original

I tried the link directly to the image as you have circled above...and tried placing that in the url uploader box thing under the image uploader... didn't work. Anywho.... I figured out where to get the BBC code and pasted that directly into the message box.

Needless to say, that whole ordeal made me feel really dumb.

ok, when you open your image and click on the share icon (the one with the arrow) Then click on HTML/BBC Code, and under the code box, click on BBC... its a little circle that is light grey and hard to see, you almost think you can't click it but it will work. Then select image size, and copy the code.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back