I'm an idiot.... Flickr Help

Do the images need to have the .jpg extension?

because when flickr is viewed in browser by default it doesn't show the filename

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! The .jpg must be manually user-added...

why the tutorial does not mention that is beyond me...

Ron, I had the same issue with the beta. I went running right back home to the old/current version.

Ok, I've been using photobucket myself but not a big fan, if I can get this link thing to work for flickr that would be awesome. So, something like this then:

20131229 263 by robbins.photo, on Flickr

You have to click the share button... then copy the code. You aren't sharing it by clicking the button, you are only choosing the method of sharing. Which will be you copying the bbc code and pasting it here.

Ron, I had the same issue with the beta. I went running right back home to the old/current version.

I'm still trying to figure it out. It keeps telling me to share the photo to get the code. I don't want to share it in order to get the code.

Ok, I'm not using the beta version.. here's what I did. I opened my photostream and then click on the photo I want. Click on the icon that looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it and that will give you the "share" menu. At the bottom of that click on grab the html/bb code - click on the little radio button at the bottom of that menu for bb code

The copy and paste the text in that box to the message window here on TPF:

20131228 127 by robbins.photo, on Flickr

And BAM! You too can be an idiot.. er.. wait again.. lol

I can do it using the old version of flickr and that is what I use for most of my photos. It's the beta version that I am having issues with. I like the beta version for looking at photos but this one feature is not working for me.

I can do it using the old version of flickr and that is what I use for most of my photos. It's the beta version that I am having issues with. I like the beta version for looking at photos but this one feature is not working for me.

Don't think you can do it with the beta version. Their beta code still needs some work I guess. I wonder if you could use a different browser and set it up for the non-beta version... my guess is they probably store that in a cookie so it might be possible to say use your main browser for the beta and use a second browser for the non-beta version. I do something similar here - my main browser is Chrome but I use IE for netflix - I have IE set to open to netflix on my second monitor.

The beta should be as simple as the current version. No problems since a member told me about the bbc code.

The beta should be as simple as the current version. No problems since a member told me about the bbc code.

I tried switching to the beta but from the beta it wouldn't allow me to access the bbc code. Works fine in the normal version. Wonder if maybe it is a browser issue?

Most reactions

Back