What's new

I'm baaack lol a few B&Ws for C&C thanks

Thankyou for the feedback and I didn't edit these I just used the B&W feature thats on my camera.
It shows in the lack of contrast and density.

Without a color version there is not much left to use for PP work.

And for those reasons pointed out by KMH, you should never use the different color modes in camera. White balance, get proper exposure and then PP to BW if you want. You'll have a lot more control of your final image.
 
2.
BWCHAIN.jpg

BWCHAIN.jpg
 
I love the edit KMH did you just boost the contrast?
 
Among other things.

The original is underexposed almost 1.5 stops, so I adjusted the exposure in ACR and bumped the Blacks slider from zero to 3.

I did a custom Curves adjustment to get the contast where I liked it. If there had been a color image to work from I could have done a color correction, set a white balance, used a B&W adjustment layer and the 6 color sliders that it has, to convert it to B&W.

I did a burn on parts of the chain and dodged parts of the wagon flooring.

I cropped some off the top, used USM to do a local contrast enhancement (small amount, large radius (250), zero threshold) and a regular USM for general sharpening. I ran the photo through the Topaz Adjust 3, Clarity preset, and then built the mat and frame.

I'm glad you liked it. :thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom