I'm back, with photos!

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
It's been long since I last made a post here... too busy, and hasn't taken photo in 6 months. So I burnt out 10 more rolls this time, hope you will enjoy.

I went back home( Taiwan) for 2 weeks. It's too short, but I spent some really good times there this time.

Monk:
A monk meditating beside a foot trail up a mountain to a temple.

F1010024.jpg

Roadside hairstylist:

This is a interesting thing happening in Taiwan. The gap between the wealthy and poor has widen to a record high, resulting in low budget services like this one. The sign says "Hair Cut, fixed price NT$100", which equates to about US$3.

F1010023.jpg

Ground lighting:

This was taken at one of the highway rest stops on the way to my grandparents' place. The glass pieces are lit from the bottom on the ground, and the characters piece together to tell a local story.

F1010014.jpg

Thanks for letting us see some of your home country, Cow, which is "exotic" to most, I should say. And the way in which you catch the motifs is interesting and different from most travel brochures. A pleasure!

Interesting work, I really like the composition of the second one with the main focus on the sign and the haircutting out of focus but still recognizable.

wowI especially like the last one! welcome back Cow!

Good job! You are aparently an amazing photographer! :)
I am glad you decided to take some time off and enjoy life! haha :wink:

Cow, I like #1. Just wish he was a bit to the right of the frame.

How did you meter the scene?

I leave most of the metering to the camera. For night shots, I usually make the shutter twice as long with bracketing.

Lately the scans of my photos are either over or under exposed. I don't know what the problem is. Maybe it's my meter, maybe it's the scan. My camera is almost 20 years old, so I am not too sure.

Most reactions

Back