I'm Back

GoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First time in about 3 weeks I've taken the camera out for anything photography-related (used it for filming my friends mainly, lately)

These four are from tonight, walking around London

#1 - Crossing
crossingvy0.jpg

#2 - A Parking Garage on Campus
garageco4.jpg

#3 - Some power lines and buildings of west end London
powerwg4.jpg

#4 - I don't think it's a secret that I love trains, but I haven't had much of a chance to do anything with it. I finally got the stereotypical, classical shot down. No matter how good or bad it is, I don't really care...I'm started ;). I do have a brighter version of this, but it shows alot of rather unsavoury urban tossaways and garbage..so while this shot just shows the reflection of the tracks, I dunno, I like it.
sunsettrainjr8.jpg

love the first one and would love to know if its a sign, and if so what its for

Yeah, the first one's just a crossing walk signal...pedestrians press a button and they walk as the two bulbs next to the X flash. ;)

Btw, is your location a generic term (Huntsville) of a place of inhabiation for those who enjoy the finer points of hunting...or is it Huntsville, Ontario?

huntsville . . . is a small town, not sure why its named that, but has a really rich history. plenty of those here love hunting. and there are the wonderfull texas prisons and death row here, which i hope to photograph soon, as well as huntsville state park, and sam houston national forest. prisoners built the university i attend, yay.

Hah, Hunstville, TX. That makes more sense.

I really like the colours in the first - orange and blue just go well together (and yes, I know why, although I have never had any formal arts or photography training)! And I am glad newrmdmike asked what this crossing sign is for, that saves me from asking the same again :D.

I am not quite so fond of your composition in the second, the photo is clearly divided in two very separate halves ... I think one third or even less of the right could have done with the garage building so there would have been more room for the evening sky.

Question about 3: would there be a chance to bring out the reflection of the sky on the balcony (?) of that one building even more? Else I find there is such a large amount of black ... silhouettes are good, but ...

And your fourth photo reminds me so of the one I took last night myself, in a completely different area of this world, yet with a similar outcome. May I share (here in this thread?) - only for communication reasons? I would not post that pic otherwise. I can make it really small so it does not hijack your thread.

I have to run to my morning class now, I don't have time to do some adjustments, but I will this afternoon, where I'll take a closer look at #3...and please, by all means post away :)

Massive Props. Very nice capture of warm colors with that hint of cool. Props!

Cheers Hfry

That said, two more additions from today's walk-about, cut vastly short by my running out of batteries with no backups, which kinda sucked.

# 5 - A duck in the Thames...wildlife isn't my thing usually, so I'm relatively pleased with this
duckxi2.jpg

#6 - A bench in a concrete park by the Thames
benchiw8.jpg

Bump bumpitty bump bump...any thoughts on the latter two? :)

Cool shootin man.. The first one and the second in the other set are my faves. Nicely done GoM.

Great Night shots...

The railroad track photo is great, I love the hint of the tracks in the sunset.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back