I'm bloomin' freezin'!!

Lisa B

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, boys and girls, looks like those hats and gloves are a commin out soon, huh?? Its SO cold out there at the moment that it almost makes me wish i'd bought this coat i saw a few weeks back that looked SO cozy - can't actually remember where I saw it now though so it looks like i'll be grasping on to hats and gloveds like there's no tomorrow then for the whole of winter if i don't find another one...

And that's just IN the house!!

We live in a pub and I have the entire top floor but the thing is, its god damn freezin up here because my mum, who lives on the floor below me, hasn't yet resigned to putting the heating on and, if she did, it still wouldn't be all that warm because i only have 2 radiators on my level!

ARGH!

Last night I slept in my smallest room with a teeny tiny fan heater which completly dried my brain out in my sleep AND didn't really make me all that warm, and so i'm now a bit BLAH!

I'm COLD!!!

Where has all this cold come from....

How rude!

I'm forever huddling in 3 layers of clothing over a boiling coffee.

I think imma invest in a hot water bottle and bed socks at this point....

How's the weather treating you....?

I shall join you in the cold club!
it seems the south of the UK has decided to get cold all at once without warning - how very inconsiderate!

Last night on the way home from work it was -6C .... this morning (10:50 CET) it is -1C, frost and sunshine. I really must change to winter tyres (on the car) but can't bring myself to ... (haven't had any snow yet)

At least our heating has been on since about the middle of August ;) So it is not at all cold inside :)

Its SO cold out there at the moment that it almost makes me wish i'd bought this coat i saw a few weeks back that looked SO cozy
Cheers! You just reminded me to drop one of mine off at the dry cleaners. Must go and do that now before I forget.

I work in Bedford - about 15 miles from Luton. I was on the phone in my break and was told it'd been snowing back home since I left. Sure enough when I got into Luton it was white all over. Great! :) But I'd been waiting 30 minutes for my train (at 9pm at night) by then so my toes had gone numb. :(

I hate the cold but being in England its always chilly - never really COLD COLD COLD though, if you know what i mean!? SO, when we get COLD COLD COLD we go mental - if we had wings we'd migrate!

I guess i dislike the cold more so because of the fact we don't really get a summer anymore, we're like uni-polar, we get the depression and not the up and bubblies!

I was half tempted to crawl into bed with my hair straighteners last night but didn't for fear of scalding myself or setting my bed on fire - luckily my mother FINALLY decided that the heating could go on but she turned it off at some point so she giveth, then she taketh away coz her floor was too warm!

I live at the top of the building and if i had nuts i'd be freezing them off.

I need to go to asda.

Summer - roof down and drive about to cool off.

Winter - jump in other car which has a heater stuck on hot and drive around to get warm.

So, I'm sorted then. And petrol is cheaper at the moment too. ;)

I agree Lisa ... Last night went to a football game and I began to feel the creeping frost upon my toes ...

Wednesday morning .... Flippin' snow on the cars in Kings Cross ....

What's going on ... I suspect Antartican is sending all her cold weather to us for a laugh ;)

#Yeh, cause its REALLY funny!

MWahahaha...

Evil!

*dances*

I thought Brits were hardy people and like the cold?

I love the cold. It means it's not hot. If it's hot I sweat. If I sweat I smell. If I smell no one wants to talk to me. If I'm cold I don't sweat. If I don't sweat I don't smell. If I don't smell no one still wants to talk to me :confused:

Most reactions

Back