I'm finally going to buy it..

luis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First of all hello to all. I'm new to this forum. I really have no experience in photography but intend to learn. I'm thinking of buying my first DSLR camera, and I found a pretty good deal on a Sony A200. I have read a bunch of reviews and they all seem to say it's pretty good. What do you all think about it? Does anybody have experience with this camera?

I shoot Canon, but I've heard great things about the Sony's. I'd probably give them a second look if I was just starting out...I'd also give Pentax a better look too. Sony's been doing some good stuff with their DSLR line, and they've made Nikon sensors for years, so you know image quality will be great.

IMHO go with Nikon or Canon.

1) You cant go wrong with either of these two!

2) If you want to go further along with photography, your already half way there with canon or nikon!

3) Also, Canon and Nikon have many many many lenses available and of the best quality!

4) My first DSLR is the Canon Rebel XTi and I am so very happy with it! (New model if Canon Rebel XSi; of course u dont have to get the latest model)

Get a canon rebel! You will be very happy

True, the Sony A200 is a good DSLR camera. Most DSLR's are good. To add to what Prodigy is saying, Canon and Nikon are most common and you can find more and maybe better lenses and equipment. But that only seems to be a factor if you plan on growing into photography. If not, and you want to take ordinary pictures with some creative shots along the way, the Sony will be fine.
If you want to really get into photography and go crazy, the Sony will probably be fine there too, but the accessories, compared to Nikon or Canon, may be slightly limited.

I haven't priced or tried a Sony DSLR or its equipment but I have been looking for Canon equipment and it is pretty easy to find what I want and lots of satisfied people recommend them.

Just get a camera and shoot some pics, then post them here.

Sony is a fine system. You have access to all the new Sony lenses, as well as new third party lenses and old Minolta lenses. But don't jump into Sony just because you can get a good deal. Do research, try out different bodies, and find out what is right for you.

...and I found a pretty good deal on a Sony A200.

Not to be paranoid, but can I ask where the good deal is? If it's an online retailer, a lot of "good deals" turn out to be scams (check out www.resellerratings.com.) There are certainly some good online guys -- B&H and Adorama in particular are very well respected (there are probably links at the top of the page) -- but there are also some real dirtbags out there. :er:

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy the camera!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back