d6475625234.jpg

Unimaxium said:
I really like:
(artist album)
1)Keane Hopes and Fears
2)Franz Ferdinand Franz Ferdinand
3)Bloc Party Bloc Party
4)Green Day American Idiot

I second nearly all these. Will have to check out Bloc Party though, never heard of them. Any particular songs I should go for first?

Mmmm Joe Satriani...I love Strange Beautiful Music! It truly changed my life when I first heard it. I should break it out again.

A band that I'm raving about right now is Interpol, especially their first album. It's good stuff from the indie genre. My goal is to see them live before I head over to Austria, but it's not lookin so good :(

Also, the soundtrack from the movie Garden State is a real nice, mellow track. I just got a hold of it after seeing the movie a second time and I enjoy it a lot.

Music:heart:

I am literally just poking about on this web site where it looks like you can listen to lots of stuff: http://www.tgrec.com/songs_videos/index.php# I'm hear for Supersytems 'Born into the World' which you can listen to here: http://www.tgrec.com/bands/album.php?id=358#

I recently discovered the online radio station I have dreamed of for years: http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/

Bands I like include:
Smashing Pumpkins
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Death in Vegas (esp. Dirge)
Led Zeppelin
Radiohead
Air
Noir Desir (French)
Indochine (French, their newer stuff mostly)
LemonJelly
Mercury Rev
Cold Play
Franz Ferdinand
etc., etc.,

(Edited to give a better link)

sbalsama said:

A band that I'm raving about right now is Interpol, especially their first album. It's good stuff from the indie genre. My goal is to see them live before I head over to Austria, but it's not lookin so good :(

Interpol is growing on me, but I wouldn't suggest seeing them live. A 60 minute set, with little or no derivation from their cd, you might as well put on some headphones and save $30.

Garden State soundtrack has some Shins...and they, on the other hand, are a lot of fun live.

My friend just went to see the Shins, so they probably won't be back for awhile. That's too bad about Interpol, but eh the only other concert I have planned for the ENTIRE summer is what pathetically remains of the once-great Warped Tour. I'm going now mainly because...well I dunno, it's going to be one of those guys days out, so that alone is worth it even if the music isn't.

Surprised someone else has heard of Interpol!

I have Cells by The Servant on a loop on my stereo right now. I can't find an album by them anywhere, anyone else heard of them?

thebeginning said:
i've recently got into these three bands:

Jet
Muse
White Stripes

YAY - Jet!
Have you heard the mash-up done with "Are you Gonna be my girl" and "Dirty" by Christina Aguilera? I hate Dirty but together I love it!

Muse is great too. There was a guy who worked in a service station near me who looked exactly like the lead singer! I can never listen to one of their CDs in one sitting though - I just get sick of those broken chords all the time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back