i'm gonna suggest some music for you, and then you can suggest some for me

I like these people, maybe you have heard of them, maybe not. Anyways i feel like they really have a message to their music and its worth a listen.

Snow
Vanilla Ice
Joey Lawence
Milli Vanilli
Lindsey Lohan
Guns and Roses (Thier new stuff w/ Axel)
Ah Ha
Tears for Fears
Nick Lachey
the GoGo's
Violent Femmes
Green Jello
(Insert Any) Spice girl's solo stuff
Ringo Starr (solo)
Corey Feldman's rock
Eddie Murphy's song
Paris Hilton
The Wonders
The Hansons
Minuto
the Jackson 5
The 86 Bears song
2 Live Crew
Hammer
And the Partridge Family

I seriously think everyone should give a couple of these artists some play. Because they are all talented and have something meaningful to say.

Beatles:
Two Of Us
(or anything they wrote) :lmao:

George Harrison:
Wah Wah

havoc said:
I like these people, maybe you have heard of them, maybe not. Anyways i feel like they really have a message to their music and its worth a listen.

Snow
Vanilla Ice
Joey Lawence
Milli Vanilli
Lindsey Lohan
Guns and Roses (Thier new stuff w/ Axel)
Ah Ha
Tears for Fears
Nick Lachey
the GoGo's
Violent Femmes
Green Jello
(Insert Any) Spice girl's solo stuff
Ringo Starr (solo)
Corey Feldman's rock
Eddie Murphy's song
Paris Hilton
The Wonders
The Hansons
Minuto
the Jackson 5
The 86 Bears song
2 Live Crew
Hammer
And the Partridge Family

I seriously think everyone should give a couple of these artists some play. Because they are all talented and have something meaningful to say.

:shock:

Carlita, try some Aimee Mann. Her last 2 solo albums are great, and her voice is flawless. Her stuff is quiet and beautiful.

Michael Penn, Resigned. He's married to Aimee Mann, brother to Sean Penn (actor). Extremely talented pop/rock kinda guy.

And I think everyone should listen to the Beatles. Period. Without them, most of the other stuff mentioned in this thread wouldn't exist.

Beatles-related:
All Things Must Pass, George Harrison, get the re-issue for better sound.
McCartney, Paul McCartney. An oldie but it will make you cry. :thumbup: In a good way, I mean.

Individually, the members of the Beatles are amazingly gifted.....collectively, they took over the planet. ;) Keep that in mind while you sift through the mind-numbing catalog of work.

Anything by Supergrass. Cheeky lads.

Oh, another nod to the 60's: If you're in the mood for something completely different: get the newly released "Smile" by Brian Wilson. Fergit the Beach Boys. ;) This is practically a concerto, masquerading as a pop record. It's simply the damndest thing you'll ever hear, and it takes a few listens to get down with it. But it's worth it!

terri said:
McCartney, Paul McCartney. An oldie but it will make you cry. :thumbup: In a good way, I mean.

that would be something / every night :thumbup: hell the whole album!

thebeginning said:
The Agony Scene (song - prey)

hell yeah dude... I love the agony scene.... I had my top 5 current cds about to post and i saw this :)... i didn't think anyone on here would like any of them or even have heard of them :lol:

Just some recent CDs I've really liked and have been listening to a lot recenlty and figured I'd see if anyone else likes them, and if not... check them out! Good stuff

1) Bullet for My Valentine - Self Titled EP
2) Norma Jean - O' God, The Aftermath
3) The Red Chord - Clients
4) The Agony Scene - The Darkest Red
5) Burnt By the Sun - Soundtrack to the Personal Revolution

yeah #5 is an older CD, but i like it a lot more than their newest album, and i've been listening to it recently

Love The Swingle Singers...favorite CDs are "Ticket to Ride" and "1812" but they are all very good. They are an a cappella group that I had the great fortune to see live when I was in high school. I like a lot of music, but people who sing a cappella the way this group can amaze me.

http://www.swinglesingers.com/welcome/index.html

Definately the Beatles.

My all time favourites are:
Radiohead - Albums: The Dends, Kid A, Amnesiac, and OK Computer
Bjork - Albums: Vespertine, Debut, Medulla
Coldplay - their first album
Sigur Rós - Albums: Agaetis Byrjun and (). They're an icelandic group and very very awesome chill out, experimental music. Some was in Vanilla Sky, and The Life Aquatic. Ný Batteri is my favourite song.
Portishead - although the whole trip-hop thing can get annoying after a while.
Aphex Twin has some amazing stuff as well. His album Drukqs is a bit of a spin out. He does very fast break beating drums. A lot of electronic experimental stuff. It'd almost be dance music - but it's too weird.

Thanks for the suggestions Carli, great thread. :thumbsup: always on the lookout for good music so I'm gonna check out the ones you listed.
Mindy you're a doll ! I went to listen to Collide and I love em !

Havent listened to anyone new in awhile so I'll throw out some ol faves.

Portishead, Mazzy Star, Tea Party, Massive Attack, Jeff Buckley.

Most reactions

Back