I'm in Awe of this lens: Nikon 105mm f/2 DC

Lonnie1212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Folks,

Today was the first day to use a new lens. It is the Nikon 105mm f/2 DC. Please keep in my that I am not a professional photographer. But I am in total awe of this lens. It is my first time to use a lens of this quality. The camera is a Nikon D610. It has the De-focus control ring. I had it set at f/2, ISO 100, shutter speed 1/2000. Can anyone tell me if there are other lenses like this one? Perhaps maybe the Nikon 85mm f/1.8? Any constructive criticism is welcome.

DSC_4398aRESIZED.JPG
DSC_4402aRESIZED.JPG

Last edited:
The Nikkor 105 F1.4E is even better. ;)

That is one of 2 Nikkor lenses I wish I never sold. I just didn't use it a lot, now I have portraits coming out of my butt. I have been using the Voigtlander Nokton 58mm f/1.4 SL II with my Nikon F2 and getting along with it very well ... but been considering buying it again now that the weather is breaking. It is a remarkable lens to say the least. I love that it is not clinical. I miss my last generation 43-86 as well.

I have been using a Canon 5D classic and the 100 v1 macro for digital a little and really like the look of the raw files. My GFX50R 63mm is great for young people but a little clinical. I guess I just love the look of film and use that mostly.

Those are great examples of what you can expect from that lens. The blur is creamy and dreamy. The greatest Portra 400 lens.

Last edited:
That is one of 2 Nikkor lenses I wish I never sold. I just didn't use it a lot, now I have portraits coming out of my butt. I have been using the Voigtlander Nokton 58mm f/1.4 SL II with my Nikon F2 and getting along with it very well ... but been considering buying it again now that the weather is breaking. It is a remarkable lens to say the least. I love that it is not clinical. I miss my last generation 43-86 as well.

I have been using a Canon 5D classic and the 100 v1 macro for digital a little and really like the look of the raw files. My GFX50R 63mm is great for young people but a little clinical. I guess I just love the look of film and use that mostly.

Those are great examples of what you can expect from that lens. The blur is creamy and dreamy. The greatest Portra 400 lens.

I was wondering if you regretted selling the 105 mm lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back