I'm loving macro

I'm loving macro at the moment, any advice for taking great shots close up? This is one I took yesterday, I know it's a little brown and not sure if anyone else will think it's interesting. I'm right into textures aswell

I'm going to disagree with the others and say that I quite like this! I don't mean in a "I'm going to stick it on my wall" kind of way :lol: but I like the different textures in it and think it's quite pleasing.

However, I have to say that I don't like that it's not all in focus. I want the whole picture to be sharp so that I can see the detail of it.

But I do quite like it!

I was walking about the yard & looking down @ the litter made me think of this thread & the OP's interest in textures.

How do you like this Xlaire?

P1040810sm.jpg

If you are going to go "abtract" and the main appealing element of the shot is "texture" it would stand to reason that most of that texture should be in focus. I mean after all, isn't the act of focusing, the act of showing crisp detail, and isn't detail in fact texture? Now I don't mean this to be rude to the OP, just trying to illustrate what I feel is wrong with the shot. Yes the subject is boring to me, but had the full shot been more in focus, the texture may have changed that a bit.

Yeh I have noticed some people get confused with abstract side of photography. The photo's were taken with a 'point and shoot' variety of camera, no macro lens (I wish!) I'm currently looking for a tripod to purchase in the near future. I'm no professional photographer and I haven't studied photography at all. I tried to go for a spider web with dew the other day but my crappy camera won't let me focus on it.
I feel like I could really use a tech upgrade but for now as an amateur I'm doing the best with what I've got. Limited skills and equipment.
As for small animals here's one I was experimenting with...
This is really nice, except for the plastic toy truck on the left side.

Yeh I have noticed some people get confused with abstract side of photography. The photo's were taken with a 'point and shoot' variety of camera, no macro lens (I wish!) I'm currently looking for a tripod to purchase in the near future. I'm no professional photographer and I haven't studied photography at all. I tried to go for a spider web with dew the other day but my crappy camera won't let me focus on it.
I feel like I could really use a tech upgrade but for now as an amateur I'm doing the best with what I've got. Limited skills and equipment.
As for small animals here's one I was experimenting with...
This is really nice, except for the plastic toy truck on the left side.

And the red color cast, but thats an easy enough fix in post. It would be painstaking to remove that truck and its shadow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back