Im new here and to photography

AquaCan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey everyone,
Ive always been intrigued by photography but never had a camera to do much
I recently got a digital camera for christmas :) and finally can start up a new hobby
i took a few photos off of the niagara escarpment in Ontario Canada
here are a few of the pics i liek best, tell me what ya think and what i can do next time to make them more appealing.
I have MGI Photosuite III SE and i could use that to enhance some photos but im not good with all the options yet, feel free to reccomend some things I could work on in the program to alter the photos
Ill be reading a lot of the forums about everything
heres a bunch of those photos: First two are b/w others are regular color
winterpanorama10.jpg

winterpanorama8.jpg

farmthroughtrees1.jpg

freestanding3.jpg

cliff3.jpg

Hey, Before I even read the post I said that looks like Rattle Snake Point at Milton and sure enough... I spent many a weekend hiking around the escarpment doing good and bad things but that was 20 years ago.

Welcome and I look forward to seeing more of your images.

Here is a photo of my motorcycle on the north side of the mountain taken sometime in the early 80s. The road to get in there is blocked off now but back then we drove right out on the cliff past the ski hill.

rd2.jpg

Cheers from Brooklin, ON

Eric

lol yes rattle snake point it is
I was very surprised when i read that you knew exactly where it was
I was only born in the 80's lol
I know the spot pretty well where your pic is located, many years in camp :p
here are a few more pics:
escarpment4.jpg

clifftrees3.jpg

rockcave.jpg

I really like your series. I think the thing I first noticed about your pictures is how well you frame your subjects. Nice work! Keep 'em coming.

is there anything I can do to improve the quality of the shot or things I can do to enhance the pics on the computer?
this is especially for the the B.W.
thanks
AC

They say your suppose to over expose snow pictures by a stop or something, but then you can loose detail in the sky. Some prefer to do the "overexpose" with curves.

Btw, welcome to the forum. I presume your a southern ontarian?

thanks for your help, ill try to get out this weekend (gunna be a busy one tho)
yes southern ontario, halton region

Most reactions

Back