I'm new here

Kithmal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone, I borrowed my brother's camera yesterday because I've been wanting to take some photos for a while. After cleaning off the lens (It was... gross. I don't think he's used it in a year.) I figured out how to use the exposure and insisted on using manual mode. Sometimes it would try to autofocus when I took a photo(I'm not sure why, I made sure it was on manual setting), which was *very* annoying.

These are all thumbnails, all of my postwork was done in GIMP.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
are you looking for CC or just showing us the photos??? the pictures are to small to really tell you anything about how to improve.. also there are to many photos.. only post 2 or 2.. and space them out and number them

There are two kinds of "manual" on a camera:

1. Manual mode: requires the user to set aperture and shutter speed. Selected with the dial on the (usually) top left of the camera.
2. Manual focus: requires the user to focus the lens (i.e. no autofocus). Typically selected with a switch on the lens (at least for SLRs).

If you just selected manual mode, then the camera would still autofocus.

Nice pictures, by the way -- maybe a touch underexposed, but good.

are you looking for CC or just showing us the photos??? the pictures are to small to really tell you anything about how to improve.. also there are to many photos.. only post 2 or 2.. and space them out and number them

The former; also, the photos are all thumbnails, I wanted to avoid a slow netspeed nightmare. I'll keep that in mind in the future, sorry for the trouble :/

There are two kinds of "manual" on a camera:

1. Manual mode: requires the user to set aperture and shutter speed. Selected with the dial on the (usually) top left of the camera.
2. Manual focus: requires the user to focus the lens (i.e. no autofocus). Typically selected with a switch on the lens (at least for SLRs).

If you just selected manual mode, then the camera would still autofocus.

Nice pictures, by the way -- maybe a touch underexposed, but good.

Oh! Okay, I found what you're talking about, thanks for being so specific.

I'll try and make sure I manage the exposure better from now on, thanks.

Most reactions

Back