What's new

I'm not but on HDR, but... C&C please!

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
553
Reaction score
7
Location
Wilmington, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tried something a little different. Couldn't get the sun flare (yea, i tried to get it) so I tried the HDR route. i think I like it.... maybe? thoughts?

DSC_4632_3_4_5_Detail.jpg
 
I think u should have tried a smaller aperture. Because the unfocused grass just makes the pic a bit messy
 
Last edited:
ok, thanks for your opinion. it was at f11 however
 
is this a true multiple exposure HDR, or is it a tonemapped RAW?
 
is this a true multiple exposure HDR, or is it a tonemapped RAW?

With the camera facing directly at the sun like this, the only thing it could be is a batched HDR. To get the sun exposed to the point it would have even been remotely visible, he would have had to stop it down to a point where the grass would be pitch black.
 
is this a true multiple exposure HDR, or is it a tonemapped RAW?

With the camera facing directly at the sun like this, the only thing it could be is a batched HDR. To get the sun exposed to the point it would have even been remotely visible, he would have had to stop it down to a point where the grass would be pitch black.


correct. its a true HDR. I took probably 8 or 9 shots with it several stops in either direction and used 3 that seemed best once I got them home on the computer.
 
^ lol. i wasnt going to be a butt and call him out on it, but i figured. had this discussion on another forum today. someone said use a smaller fstop meaning smaller aperture, but smaller fstop to me means shallow DOF (wide aperture)... im sure many people interchange them, but knowing that they are really opposite (smaller f-number = larger aperture) confuses me when someone says something like above... so i just take it with a grain of salt and assume they meant the correct thing.
 
matt62485 said:
^ lol. i wasnt going to be a butt and call him out on it, but i figured. had this discussion on another forum today. someone said use a smaller fstop meaning smaller aperture, but smaller fstop to me means shallow DOF (wide aperture)... im sure many people interchange them, but knowing that they are really opposite (smaller f-number = larger aperture) confuses me when someone says something like above... so i just take it with a grain of salt and assume they meant the correct thing.

Agreed. And I am usually the first one to defend someone who gets called out especially when they are new. But when someone calls someone else's picture "a mess" and then give incorrect information themselves... Not to mention that there are many new photographers that read this forum, comments like that could really confuse them if they think the poster is experienced. OK, I'm don't ranting... back to your regular scheduled programming
 
JoshuaSimPhotography said:
I think u should have tried a wider aperture. Because the unfocused grass just makes the pic a bit messy

And just how would "a wider aperture" increase the focus (DOF)?


He was assuming that the OP had shot the image using a smaller aperture (higher f-stop) causing diffraction in the lens, losing end quality in the image.

or.. that's what I comprehended from what he said, rather.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom