I'm really worried about which camera to get

artreuo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm stuck between a Nikon D40 and D70. I'm only really open to those two cameras. I would maybe get a D50, but I would really like one of the two. I need some real advice on which to get though.

I like the D70's features, yet I'm wondering, when it comes to image quality, and colors, will they be about the same? I know a few people with a Nikon D40, and I absolutely love the image quality. They're nice and sharp with wonderful colors. I know the D40 has Vivid and More Vivid color settings, or whatever. Does the D70 have that too?

Anyway, my main question, which would be a better choice? I like the photo quality, sharpness, and colors of the D40. Would the D70 have the same quality and everything as the D40? Any better, any worse?

I would really like some quick replies, I'm hoping to get it ordered soon. I need to get this in here before New Years.

They are SLRs. The thing about SLRs is their base image quality are all very similar. There are professionals who make their living with the D40. Sure there more expensive cameras have a slightly better image quality but that usually secondary to feature list such as highISO performance, weather sealing etc.

Get what you can afford. If you're not sure you want photography as a hobby get a D40 It'll be obsolete in a few years anyway so it's not like these consumables are really something to worry about.

I know that photography is my hobby. I love it. I've actually wanted to get out of it, because I didn't have much money, but I couldn't I was always dying to get a nice camera. I can afford both the D40 and the D70. But my only question is, are the image qualities alike? I love the pictures that the D40 takes, and I want to know if the D70 takes pictures alike.

Well I'm not sure how much help I will be but....I do have a D70 and have always been very happy with it in all regards. I have ever played with a D40 so I can say anything about them, sorry.
The only thing I can think is it would most likely be a used D70, yes? You may never really know how it was treated. At lest with the D40 you can buy new and get a warranty :D

I'm only open to Nikons. I'm looking for a body only. I have a Nikon N65 film body with a 28-80mm f/3.3 and a 50mm f/1.8 that my mom just bought me.

Shealyn, I know that you just recently got a D300, are you interested in selling just your D70 body?

I'm only open to Nikons. I'm looking for a body only. I have a Nikon N65 film body with a 28-80mm f/3.3 and a 50mm f/1.8 that my mom just bought me.

Shealyn, I know that you just recently got a D300, are you interested in selling just your D70 body?

Hi,
sorry I'm keeping it for a back-up. Best of luck on your camera hunt.

Well with the D40 you will have to manually focus those lenses. Unless the 28-80 is AF-S. Have you looked at the D80 as an option? It works with all of Nikons lenses and, has much better image quality over the D70. It is $550 at B&H plus it will be new with the warranty. THought I would throw that in as a suggestion.

I think I'm just going to find a cheap used D70 body. I'm limited on money, my limit is $250. Thanks anyway guys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back