I'm so green I could be in a can of string beans.~ Newbie photos

Cassie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi~
My name is Cassie. I'm posting a couple pictures.
I stick to portraiture mainly.
I am very very veerryy new. I have never had any classes or done any research on the rules or techniques for photography.
Any suggestions would be lovely!!
The last two are the most recent pictures, I haven't touched them at all with editing software. Any suggestions??
<3
Peace~
(Yes. Models are family members. hee hee)

P1020523-edited.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

P1020672.jpg

----

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

you've got some talent Cassie! great portrait shots. The lighting looks perfect in all of them.

Hi Cassie,

Welcome to TPF. These are some great shots. 1 and 3 are my favs.

What equipment and PP software are you using? It might help to put that info in your signature, so everyone will know what you're working with.

Hi Cassie,

Welcome to TPF. These are some great shots. 1 and 3 are my favs.

What equipment and PP software are you using? It might help to put that info in your signature, so everyone will know what you're working with.

Thanks so much. :)
It was tough picking my favorites to post.

Hmmmmm. As far as equipment goes I'm using a Cannon Rebel, thats it. And I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0, though I barely know how to use it.
I was thinking about signing up for a class or something.

And thanks for the suggestion.

you've got some talent Cassie! great portrait shots. The lighting looks perfect in all of them.

Thanks. Lighting is my favorite element in photography.
I usually only take pictues outside because I love the sun, and I have no idea how to manipulate lighting inside to be honest.

Welcome to TPF!
You have captured personality well in all of them. :thumbup:
I dont know really anything about portraiture photography but they look nice. I would say the lighting in the last two is pretty harsh as in the sun was pretty bright when you took them. I noticed it mostly on #4 if you look at the top right of her head (left looking at pic) her head blends into the sky. you cant see the edge of here head. I dont think that is a good thing. . ?In the same shot the sky is blown out being that it is all white with 0 detail. Again it would be lowering the exposure and gan back your detail. On the contrast you will have you subject in the photo become dark wich is were fill light (flash or lighting) with make the shot nice and evenly exposed and looking better. As said before i dont do this style of photography and others may explain better or different. There is some good talent on here for people pics.
With that said #1 is nice. very centered wich normally isnt a good thng but seems to do well with him and the personality. #2 is nice but i wish the dress was not cut off and if the background was all vegitation or all building. just split like that ( part green and part house) Just my opinion anyways. The light is real good on this one i think. Her face is lit up very warm and red tinted. Make a good feeling to the shot. Also the background is not blown out like i said before on #4. Looks real good on the lighting. #3 is nice. I dont really have input there. 4-5 i touched on.

Thanks. Lighting is my favorite element in photography.
I usually only take pictues outside because I love the sun, and I have no idea how to manipulate lighting inside to be honest.

I stopped scrolling when I got to #3 ;)

Be careful around bright backgrounds - the super bright sky/sun is a bad backdrop for portraits usually. If you can, use a small aperture, fast shutter speed, and bright flash - it'll cut down on the daylight and put more emphasis on the person.

The last 2 have the costume drama feel, and that's pretty cool I think.

Welcome to tpf.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back