creative canon lens

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello All!

I was just wondering will give me a cool/creative effect for my rebel xs. I want the 15mm fisheye but don't have a full frame to take advantage of the lens...what other lens give a creative effect?

I was also thinkin about upgrading to a Canon 5D 1st gen body. i love the advantages of full frame. def a step up from my rebel xs.:mrgreen: movin on up!

Lensbaby lenses offer a creative look, and are pretty affordable.

If you want low-cost, funky, fun lenses for Canon EOS digital, think about getting a $17-$24 Nikon F to Canon EF lens adapter, or a M42 thread mount to Canon EF lens adapter, and then you'll have access to a lot of old, low-cost lenses. Older, thread-mount (M42 aka Universal Thread Mount, AKA Pentax screw mount) lenses are quite cheap, and there are quite a few older, cheap Nikon F-mount cheapie lenses floating around eBay and the net...some of the old 1950's, 1960's era Nikon-made lenses have a lot of character, and some of the older M42 lenses have a lot of "character" as well.

Something old and pre-set aperture in Pentax, uncoated like an 85mm or 100mm telephoto would give you some creative looks. Same with something like the Peling fisheye lens as well.

A cheap 400mm f/6.3 pre-set lens like an Asanuma or Prinz or whatever also has a lot of compression of distance, and these things are worth about $35 on the used market. These old 1970's-1980's era pre-set long focus lenses were/are relatively decent optically, and are basically long, skinny tubes with 3- or 4 element formulas and if the weather is clear, can actually produce decent super-telephoto images.

Encyclopedia Derreltanical

:salute::hail:

Most reactions

Back