I'm so new and need your help!

MaryAnn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have recently become unemployed and absolutely hate the thought of going back to work in an office for someone else. I want more than anything to become a portrait photographer, but have no idea where to start...I have a very small portfolio and I'm not sure the camera/s I own are sufficient for this endeavor. Please, anyone with advice on this subject, I would appreciate your help!!

Welcome to the forum, MaryAnn.

A good way to get into the business, is to find a working professional and become their apprentice, or something similar. I suggest joining your local photographers group.

Welcome.

This forum isn't really the one in which to answer your questions, but feel free to start up a thread in one of the others where we may be able to help. If you start by letting us know what equipment you're working with and let us have sight of your work, we'll stand a better chance of advising you.

Welcome aboard.

Depending on what equipment you already have you will need to be prepared to invest in a few things to help with the start of your business, a few good lenses back up cameras, flash reflectors and lights.
I too aim to be a portrait photographer in the future and am slowly putting together my 'kit' so I can learn and practice.
Like others say, get in with a photographer see if anyone is looking for an assistant or apprentice.
This forum is a great on line resource and has always been very helpful for me, they offer great advice and have helped me lots in the last year.
Welcome to the site and enjoy!

Most reactions

Back