What's new

I'm soon to be 4/3's the man I use to be

BuMp


Seee post #1 for photyo.


BTW...... I decided to get the 40-150mm lens as well.


Again, for those that aren't aware, the crop factor for the m4/3 is 2x. That means the kit len 14-42mm is equivalent to 28- 84mm FF and the 40-150mm is equivalent to 80-300mm FF.
 
Well, it did for a little bit. Then I had to charge the battery. I'm having a bit of a recognition problem tonight. Lightroom has recently made available a beta for the Oly RAW files. The few shots that I was able to squeeze off were supposed to be set for RAW+JPEG. The 'puter doesn't want to play right now with bringing the file into LR.

But Holy BatSh!t Robin, that new AF is awfully quick. More to follow once I figure stuff out. The User Manual is diabolical. BAM! POW!
 
:addpics: Well... does it work??????
I've had some issues with importing the files, but I think a work around has been found. Lightroom also has v3.5 as a Release Candidate that will recognize the Oly RAW files. Workflow issues aside, I have edited a few of the photos. These were taken with the 40-150mm lens.

The obligatory SP. This was another hurdle for me as I'm use to the Nikon system and can usually nail focus. The Oly is slightly different because you have to use the OLED screen on the back, which I found cumbersome. There is an Electronic ViewFinder ($250) accessory that will probably purchased if I stay with the Oly m4/3.

Self-Port-12-XL.jpg



Shroom-1-XL.jpg



The jury is still out, but I went to a birthday party in a restaurant this past weekend and it was fun to just snap away and not have the big rig. But at the end of the day, as with most things, I think it's operator error thus far. More time behind the camera should yield better results.



Forgot to add:
The EP3 has a hotshoe, so I can use my PCB Cybersync's to remotely fire my lights. :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
Very nice! I want one of those tiny leica DSLR camera so bad :(.
 
Sweet camera -- I'm jealous. I've seen excellent results from that camera -- lenses are a serious cut above and very well matched to the sensor. Some of the best CA control in the industry.

Joe
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom