I'm The Flying Panda

Flying Panda

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
jt-strachan.pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings TPF members who may be reading this. Obviously I’m new to this forum but I am not new to photography. Albeit, I am just an enthusiast participating within what amounts to me as a very expensive hobby. My first camera was a Canon AE-1 back during the days of film photography. I didn’t receive any technical training until I bought my first digital camera – which was a Nikon D3100. My beginning interest was in macro and close up images, then later in wildlife photography after stepping up to the Nikon D500 & D850. My challenges are found in combining the two concepts which result in close up wildlife images.

I’ve been retired now for about a year and a half (as of this writing May 7, 2019) My eyes have been failing me as of late – cataracts surgery last Thursday on the left, next month on the right. Hopefully this will help in my post editing and I look forward to some “constructive” critiques – youthful eyes can help me “see” what I may not. Anyway, I get my inspiration from viewing the work of others and always strive for self improvement by reading critique comments on my own work.

Most of my images are taken in the state of West Virginia here in the USA. We live on quite a bit of rural property and when I get bored taking photographs of our “resident” creatures I go to a nearby state park, national park or wilderness preserve. Overnight camping/photo “missions” are always fun and I have dabbled a little bit into videography, although nothing serious. Thanks in advance for any and all welcoming comments!
- The Flying Panda

Greetings TPF members who may be reading this. Obviously I’m new to this forum but I am not new to photography. Albeit, I am just an enthusiast participating within what amounts to me as a very expensive hobby. My first camera was a Canon AE-1 back during the days of film photography. I didn’t receive any technical training until I bought my first digital camera – which was a Nikon D3100. My beginning interest was in macro and close up images, then later in wildlife photography after stepping up to the Nikon D500 & D850. My challenges are found in combining the two concepts which result in close up wildlife images.

I’ve been retired now for about a year and a half (as of this writing May 7, 2019) My eyes have been failing me as of late – cataracts surgery last Thursday on the left, next month on the right. Hopefully this will help in my post editing and I look forward to some “constructive” critiques – youthful eyes can help me “see” what I may not. Anyway, I get my inspiration from viewing the work of others and always strive for self improvement by reading critique comments on my own work.

Most of my images are taken in the state of West Virginia here in the USA. We live on quite a bit of rural property and when I get bored taking photographs of our “resident” creatures I go to a nearby state park, national park or wilderness preserve. Overnight camping/photo “missions” are always fun and I have dabbled a little bit into videography, although nothing serious. Thanks in advance for any and all welcoming comments!
- The Flying Panda
Welcome to the Forum!

welcome to the forum. vin

West Virginia is beautiful! I'm in Ohio, love visiting WV, hiking, rafting, campfires, drinking like I never would at home....

I'm new here as well. Kind of new to photography too. Looking forward to your posts!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back