I'm Tracking You

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Didnt have time for a tripod setup in the middle of the track, had to shoot and run

20040106-20040106-IMG_0193B.jpg

How CAN you shoot as clearly at night like this without setting the camera up on a tripod???

And you know how much I like your nighttime industrial photos, I need not tell you over and again, do I? For this one's no exception, and I do like the addition of the railroad leading lines here!!!

Thanks !

this one was hard to do, I was borrowing a buddies 135mmL and that was making it like a 216mm, I managed to get a shutter speed of 60 @ iso 800. I used the ninja sniper method of bringing in my elbows and breathing out before shooting.

This was technically tracks but really sidewalk, it was a place where the tracks crossed the sidewalk, so I couldn't sit there and setup, but certainly could walk over it, its a weird place down there.

Beautiful shot, i love looking at your work!

In situations like this (I have been known to take photographs from the middle of a road) I set the camera and tripod up at the side of the track/road, get the framing right, take a few test shots to get the exposure set right then simply grab the tripod, set it in position, quickly check the framing and get the shot.

You can do this as many times as is necessary until you've got the shot you want.

A spotter watching for trains/cars is handy. :)

We have an industrial area by the highway that I would love to shoot. I don't have my low light situations down yet though. You certainly look like you've got it all figured out!

I used the ninja sniper method of bringing in my elbows and breathing out before shooting.

Your cant read about the ninja sniper method in any books. You can only be taught

Most reactions

New Topics

Back