Image Management Software

Pilotwings_64

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am considering using a Digital Image Management Software, but I'm concerned that after doing all of that work, tagging my photos, I'll be stuck with the program I have chosen. If I decide to switch programs will I be able to take the tag info with me to the new program, or will I have to do all of the work over again?

If the program is worth it's salt, most (all) of that metadata will be kept in the files themselves, not the program's proprietary stuff. As for edits to the images? Yeah, those are generally program-specific.

If the program is worth it's salt, most (all) of that metadata will be kept in the files themselves, not the program's proprietary stuff. As for edits to the images? Yeah, those are generally program-specific.

Nope other way around. If the program is worth its salt it'll most likely try to lock you into a proprietary database to get more money from you in the future.

Ever lost a Lightroom database? There's only so much metadata stored.

Anyone using Microsoft Expression Media 2? I'm pretty much a greenfield environment, the only image management software I'm using now is Windows Live Photo Gallery, and as you can imagine, I've outgrown that. I want to pick something and stick to it, and I can pick up Expression Media at a *significant* discount to MSRP so I've been thinking about going that route.

Most reactions

Back