Image Management Software

Ms.O

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone use or know of any good image management software out there that's worth looking at?

I'm looking for something that works similar to how flickr.com works....the ability to organize in sets, search by multiple keywords/tags, others options for sorting and sub-sorting, different image sizes (for print, web), etc.

I DON'T need the ability to acutally edit the images....just to organize them.

If anyone does, please let me know. Thanx!!

Welcome to the forum.

I have a simple 'free' version of Adobe Album (or is it Photo album?) It's not very good, but maybe the full version would be worth looking at.

Google's Picasa software is pretty good for organizing and quickly finding images.

There are plenty of programs that help you to sort/find/tag your images...that shouldn't be a problem. I think the more important part is actually having a system and sticking to it.

Adobe lightroom has it but I don't like the organising features much. I'll place another vote with Google's Picasa. and it's free too!

I actually just made a different thread similar to this.
Except I wasn't talking about software only.

I use Apple Aperture for asset management. See my thread for details.

Asset management

I am glad I searched for this thread before simply reposting the same question.

Does Picasa allow you to organize pics on your PC as well as on a connected network drive?

I have a home network with laptops, most of my pics end up on an external Network drive so I am looking for something that can do it all. I am only looking for the Organizational/Database feature of it. I use CS2 for editing and my canon software to print.

any more suggestions would be great, I think i need to look into picasa as I have heard of it in multiple threads and forums.

Another Picasa question. I started just dumping files on my PC and now they're all over the map, duplicates, modified copies and such. They are located on 3 partitioned drives on one tower, a second tower and a laptop as well as 2 or 3 externals. Will Picasa help with locating all photo files and begin the arduous task of actually having some file management system started?

I am glad I searched for this thread before simply reposting the same question.

Does Picasa allow you to organize pics on your PC as well as on a connected network drive?

Yes, Picasa lets you pick the folders you would like to watch. I use it with my multiple external and network drives.

Another Picasa question. I started just dumping files on my PC and now they're all over the map, duplicates, modified copies and such. They are located on 3 partitioned drives on one tower, a second tower and a laptop as well as 2 or 3 externals. Will Picasa help with locating all photo files and begin the arduous task of actually having some file management system started?

Yes. You can easily search by file name and find those duplicates.

Does anyone use or know of any good image management software out there that's worth looking at?

I'm looking for something that works similar to how flickr.com works....the ability to organize in sets, search by multiple keywords/tags, others options for sorting and sub-sorting, different image sizes (for print, web), etc.

I DON'T need the ability to acutally edit the images....just to organize them.

If anyone does, please let me know. Thanx!!

I just downloaded Picasa a couple of weeks ago after an extensive search for a good free photo organizer. I really can't seem to say enough good things about this program. It lets you edit, organize, print, upload to web (online galleries, flickr, blogger*, facebook* .....). Good range of file formats excepted including .raw & .tiff.

* Plug ins required ;)

I hope that helps.

I downloaded Picasa tonight. Turned on all the externals as well. It found stuff ( I say stuff only because I will be defaulted to a bunch of asteriks) I didn't have any recollection of. Tomorrow I will begin the path to sanity and have all my photos sorted. If you believe that.............................

Most reactions

New Topics

Back