Image size?

Photos de l'amour

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried to search for this but couldn't figure out how to word it. What size image do you upload to a place like photobucket to post here? Should I be resizing them down before uploading??

Also, if you wanted to show the photos from a shoot to the client online would you just upload them to a password protected photobucket album just for them and then delete them when you are done? If not, then how do you show the client the photos?

I tried to search for this but couldn't figure out how to word it. What size image do you upload to a place like photobucket to post here? Should I be resizing them down before uploading??

Also, if you wanted to show the photos from a shoot to the client online would you just upload them to a password protected photobucket album just for them and then delete them when you are done? If not, then how do you show the client the photos?

I can only comment on the first question. I always resize first, for one I don't feel like uploading a bunch of 5 meg files to photobucket. Most people set their screen resolution below 1280x1028 anyway so I usally resize then to 1200x800 or whatever the the correct ratio would be. I guess if you really had a question that needed details in the photo I would upload a bigger one, but just for CC I wouldn't go original size.

If photobucket doesn't allow for multiple size sharing, then I would resize before uploading, not sure how photobucket works though. I use Zenfolio and various links are available for different sizes to share, so I upload my originals.

For clients, I use a password protected album. I tell them it will be available for a few weeks, but I have not deleted them all. I keep them there as another back up source, though I really don't need to. I guess I could delete them.

800x600

This forum resizes them to that anyhow.

I just upload them to Flickr full-size. After editing the pictures usually come out to be around 10-15Mb. Even with 50 pictures I just walk away from the computer for an hour and they're all uploaded.

Occasionally I run into the 20Mb maximum (post edit I've had a few breech 20Mb), but it's somewhat rare. Then I just resize it manually slightly or even just save it to a lower quality. Flickr allows pretty much any resolution photos so I don't have to worry about resizing...plus they let you share any number of sizes (small, medium, large, or original). Very easy.

Most reactions

Back