Image storage/sharing site poll

Which photo storage sharing site do you use?

• Imgur

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Photobucket

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Google Photos

• 500px

• Flickr

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Instagram

• Smug Mug

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Pinterest

• Snap Fish

• Album2

• Dayviews

• Deviant Art

• Dronestagram

• Fotki

• Fotolog

• Geograph Britain and Ireland

• Ipernity

• TPF forums

• None

• Drop box

• Total voters
Dropbox when forums require a third party host. Direct with TPF
I was not aware that one could upload to the TPF forum... After checking it out, how cool is that. 35 Mbs is not much but better than nothing. It is close to one of my images after converting to .png and .jpg. :allteeth: Would it be possible for a mod to change two of the answers above. One to None and one to drop box. I can no longer edit the poll. If not, just as well. Thanks =]

Dropbox when forums require a third party host. Direct with TPF.

One image in JPEG should not be close to 35MB. Are you not resizing it and is it JPEG Maximum quality?

A good JPEG for web display should be from 350k to 4 megabytes.

This camera/lens shot is only 280k.
_D3X0117_ Oct 31 2012.jpg

You are absolutely correct. 63.42 KB (64,946 bytes) was my last image.

Edit* I was going to post an image but change my mind. It is hard to find the invisible image link when editing for deletion. =]

Last edited:

Only see a red X so maybe it's smaller than that, LOL like 0KB?

This one is 156KB with a Q setting of 80.
2019-dd_JBP0328_q80.jpg

Last edited:

Edit* I was going to post an image but change my mind. It is hard to find the invisible image link when editing for deletion. =]

Photos that you've uploaded to the TPF forum via an external URL and want to remove can be deleted quick and easy via BCcode, click on the tool icon that you see at the top right of the word processor and you'll find that every image URL has been converted to BCcode in the text of your post.

The full BCcode isn't just the URL of the image, but also the designations and all you do is delete the entire code, then click 'Save Changes'
At the bottom left you see 'Use Rich Text Editor' click on it and you're back in the regular word processor. With the BCcode you can of course also add new or extra URL in any post.

Gerard

View attachment 194436

Last edited:
Flickr, some direct to TPF, and a few from morgueFIle (micro-stock/reference photo site)

My resized images go here and to Facebook to share with friends. My full-sized TIFFs get published to Google Drive through lightroom, for a cloud backup. Google Photos has too small of a file size limit.

It looks as the majority use Flickr or their own personal server. I thought more pictures would be uploaded to a site like Flickr to get the image link to share in forums. =]

This year I added the Flickr Pro option for unlimited storage. It's my back up's back up (Hard drive plus an external drive). Full size file storage and easy access. But also I like the Flickr photo sharing community. There are groups that are interesting like Macro Mondays and Treemendous Tuesdays as well as subject specific and camera specific groups. I find that 99.9% of the comments on Flickr are positive and polite (there was that one weird guy that thinks it's a dating site...). I also like it for research - when I am going somewhere new I can search that place and find photos to get ideas of where to shoot from or if I'm considering a new lens I can search that and see hundreds of sample photos. Unlike google where you have to look at individual links or try to click on a photo and end up on Pintrerest every time lately, Flickr is easy to search without having to go elsewhere. It also served as my cloud to get photos from my pc to my phone to post on Instagram but now that I have a Macbook that isn't really necessary.

No I do not own stock in Flickr but I am a fan of the site.

Used Photobucket till they wanted money, now use Imgur but only to post on forums. All my stored digital/scanned neg images are on 3 external hard drives.

Used Photobucket till they wanted money, now use Imgur but only to post on forums. All my stored digital/scanned neg images are on 3 external hard drives.

I like combining a cloud and a physical storage option. For the hard drive, it’s just such a pita to move everything when the technology changes! Also had an external drive crap out on me - the USB port failed. Had to go to the trouble of getting the hd out and pulling the images off to another drive. For the cloud you have the possibility that they’ll shut down or get hacked or raise the prices so much you’ll have to move everything from there - another time consuming pita.

Really negatives and prints are the best option lol!

Most reactions

Back