Images on disc

emelli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking for some opinions on CD label printing for client's image files. Any suggestions for good quality printing?
Obviously direct thermal printing is ideal as it looks a bit more professional, but would it be terrible to use the printed sticky labels?

It's not TERRIBLE, but not great. Why not just order CD's from the lab?

I use Lightscribe disc & burner. It can only print mono-tone images and it's dreadfully slow, but it looks much better than adhesive labels.

I use Lightscribe disc & burner. It can only print mono-tone images and it's dreadfully slow, but it looks much better than adhesive labels.
And lightscribe's are cheap these days

discmakers has a small run, online ordering system. These are professionally printed cds and dvds. I order dvds and the price includes a case and custom printed cover. You can send them the files to add to the DVD or get them blank and burn them yourself. You can also order larger quantities with your studio design and burn on demand. Honestly, I don't do many dvds or cds. I deliver digital files via download. I'm also going to look into the Sandisk memory vaults. I can have them custom engraved.

Lightscribe drives cost very little now. Good tip on the doing it twice though, hadn't thought of that.
If you do a lot of discs it's probably worth getting a batch printed with a "standard" studio design, shouldn't cost to much. Many "normal" printers can do discs, I got one of my tog friends to do me a batch, think I paid about £1 per disc, including the disc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back