IMG_0001 (The First (un-edited) picture you took w/your new DSLR)

Rekd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
amusingscribe.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Show us IMG_0001 from your new camera. Feel free to tell us about it, too.

Mine was taken while I was sitting at Jack in the Box during my lunch break. I had just left Best Buy where I traded in the SD card my wife got me with the camera :)twak: sales-clerk for gross dereliction of duty) for the CF card that the 50D takes.

2d5c1d.jpg

For the record, to this day I still take pictures rotated about 3 or 4 degrees to the left. :)

Last edited:
I probably deleted any "img_0001" images, deeming pictures of my feet, or whatever crap was laying around, not worth keeping.

Last edited:
+1 I think most of my first shots have been lost that way and were of similar subjects ;)

Oh, I'll play! I had to go pull this off my external, and it looks like the original color I copied over when I made it b&w??? (LOL...I had no clue what I was doing!)

This is my son, he was the closest thing to take a shot of when my D40 arrived in the mail in May of 2009.

newcamera001.jpg

I've still got almost everything I've ever taken with my DSLRs except the OOF ones. (I'm still a relative newbie and haven't run out of disk space yet :D )

I don't remember what the first shot I took with the 7D is, I'll have to try to find it.

Here's the first shot with my 70-200 L IS II. Was on the freeway just left Calumet on the way to Mayhem Festival where I shot Lamb of God, Rob Zombie and Korn (and Metal Mulisha Freestyle Motocross team) with the new glass. I'm SOOO glad the wife talked me into getting it while we were there.

2qdpzdu.jpg

Notice it's 3 to 4 degrees left. I could literally almost batch process all my stuff up until I recently realized what I was doing, even now about half come out this way. :meh:

Mine was of my steering wheel in my bronco, but it was not a keeper, so trash bin it went. Would have liked to play tho.
Blue

This is my first photo when I switched from film to digital, my Canon 300D. It's not a great photo, but I was happy to get a image of a Bobcat. I used a borrowed 100-300mm to take this.

This was "edited" though. I just cropped it from horizontal to portrait.

Bobcat.jpg

Edit: found it! Not the sharpest thing but whatever, pic of my parents so its a keeper regardless.
Hah you can see all the packaging on the counter top :mrgreen:

155343_10150343582075226_882565225_16150944_3023875_n.jpg

Last edited:
Not 0001, but close...

3485357150_67e7ec19c5_o.jpg

If you look real close, you can see my naked reflection in the mug.

Must have deleted DSC_001... but here is DSC_002

DSC_0002 by Matt Francosky, on Flickr

Havent even cracked the manual open yet... KmH would be so proud.

Well, at least it is in focus.

Nice thread- it was fun finding this one.

p!nK

This is the earliest one I can find from when I switched to digital. It is edited but to be fair it came out of my camera like this because I used my cameras editing program to edit it if that counts!
IMGP0086.jpg

Most reactions

Back